Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-08-2023 02:05 AM)
Barrie10
Journeyman
Options
Anyone upgraded to the Fold 5 from S23 Ultra?

I'm not sure whether I should or not.
11 REPLIES 11
Night_Dex
First Poster
Options
I have today. I prefer the small form factor. The display is narrowed width wise. I've not noticed any performance issues. Both handsets offer the same chipset. The flip has 8gb ram, the ultra has 12gb ram. But it makes hardly any difference. The screen on the flip is crisp and just as good as the ultra imo.

It all just depends on your personal preference. But other than the cameras and wider screen ratio. Your going for a foldable screen, with a clamshell design.
0 Likes
PSE
Pioneer
Options

The original post refers to the Fold, not the Flip.  I’m not sure the Flip represents an upgrade . 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have both phones, and I can't see why you would want to change
The S23 Ultra is an excellent phone. It's the top of Samsung's range of phones
The best cameras etc
The Fold 5 is I have to say, an amazing phone.
But the S23 Ultra is probably one of the best, or if not the best phone on the market currently
I can see why you would like the Z Fold 5. Having this large screen is brilliant
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey @Barrie10 

I did look at the Fold⁵ but have decided to stick with my Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra as it currently ticks my wants and needs boxes.

It really depends on what type of form factor of phone that intrigues you and what you want from the phone.

I enjoyed using my Samsung Fold³ and traded that phone in to buy my Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra as I wanted to go back to a slab type phone.

Perhaps visit a Samsung Experience Store or a Highstreet Network Store that has working retail models on display to get an idea if the Fold⁵ is for you and then watch some YouTube videos if you haven't already. 

Enjoy the journey 😎 and Perhaps let us know what you finally decided to do.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Barrie10
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I'm thinking I value the bigger display more than the better cameras
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have the S23 Ultra, Fold 5 and Flip 5, they are all the best within their individual categories. Personally I would stick with the S23 Ultra if I were you because it's the best overall device. If you haven't used a fold before then I can say it's a learning curve. It depends what is most important to you? Cameras? Battery? Also how do you tend to use your phone? How is your lifestyle? Job? Etc.
TechZilla - Samsung Members Star
Carlvig
Pathfinder
Options
I went from the S22 Ultra to flip4 and knee jerked straight back to S22 Ultra. Wasn't for me.
Barrie10
Journeyman
Options
I travel a lot for work, I value screen and battery the most with cameras 3rd.
0 Likes
bnb90
Navigator
Options
Everyone's needs are different but for me I know I'd use the front screen the majority of the time which I don't feel is wide enough and with the amount of money I'd need to add extra to the S23 ultra trade in, I may as well buy a tab S9 ultra and keep my S23 ultra.