Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove VM notification

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 11:22 AM)
chopsuzy
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone, 

I'm a new Samsung owner. How on earth do I get rid of the voicemail notification? I don't have any messages or saved messages and all day every day since Saturday it says I have 1 voicemail. When I do not. 

Oh and I've restarted my phone, Cleared phone and calls cache as suggested online. 

Thanks ahead. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Beta22
Voyager
Options
There are a couple of threads doing the rounds with a number of users reporting the same issue, myself included. It sounds like a bug that needs to be raised with Samsung support so I'd suggest raising a case via the Members App. The more people report it, the better the chance of it getting fixed.

My workaround is to disable and then re-enable the notification which works as a short term fix until Samsung sorts it out.

Others have also suggested long dialing number 1 on the phone keypad to launch voicemail, which could also clear the notification so worth trying.
0 Likes
chopsuzy
Apprentice
Options
Yes I've read the threads but unfortunately even after i tried all the workarounds it's still there. This is my first Samsung and only had it a week haha. Ill try raising issue. Thanks
0 Likes
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
Sometimes but not all the time this could be down to your provider , go on settings, permissions and select off notifications for answerphone, then restart phone & turn bk on if required, also delete any saved messages because this will still show.
0 Likes
chopsuzy
Apprentice
Options
Ok spoke to Samsung. They've gave me this to do..

Perform Settings Reset.
Select each step to use the device simulator. 1. From the home screen, swipe down to access settings. 2. Tap the settings icon. 3. Tap General management. 4. Tap Reset. 5. Tap Reset all settings. 6. Tap Reset settings again. 7. Tap Reset. Your device will restart for the changes to take effect. Steps complete BackNext Has this fixed your problem?

Unfortunately, it's still on for me. Ill try o2
0 Likes
chopsuzy
Apprentice
Options
I've fixed it. So basically on Samsung.com it says to try the following:
Settings
Apps
Sort by
Show system apps
Call settings
Storage
Clear data and cache.

Repeat for PHONE app.

But it still shows the notification for me.

So I also cleared data and cache for "Phone services " too

It's finally gone. Hope it works for you too. 🥳
StevenA1994
Explorer
Options
Thanks so much for this too it worked first time for me 😁
doubleh69
First Poster
Options
How do i disable a voucemail . I do not want an answer machine
0 Likes
chopsuzy
Apprentice
Options
I think it depends who your contract is with. Google "how to turn voice off o2" or whoever you're with.
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

A lot of good tips above. We also have a handy guide to help out with this. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-remove-voicemail-notifications/

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes