Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear camera not working since update

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 06:54 PM)
JJT
Student
Options
Per the title, I just get a black screen for the rear (main) camera (Inc on the cover screen when closed) since the latest system update. Sometimes it stays black, other times it crashes completely.

The selfie camera still works if I activate the cover screen camera (black) then open the phone. 

I've tried everything from clearing the cache to a full system refresh. Is anyone else having this issue?
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Have you tried clicking on the get help button at the bottom of the samsung members page and clicking on diagnostics then camera to see if that helps 😉
0 Likes
JJT
Student
Options
Yes it just shows a countdown timer on a black screen and crashes when I click the button to take a photo.
0 Likes
Teague
Student
Options

I have the same issues with camera. Tried resetting camera app, factory resetting phone. Nothing has worked.

I have Downloaded a 3rd party camera and it works fine on both rear and front camera so 100% a issue with Samsung firmware or software for camera app.

All I got back was Samsung would like to access phone. Least than helpful.

0 Likes
Jennykyy
First Poster
Options

Teague, did you ever manage to fix the issue? I've tried the factory reset, updating the software, resetting the camera app, and doing the diagnostic and am still facing the same issue though the issue seems to be my front camera.

0 Likes
Teague
Student
Options
I had to send my phone off to be repaired. There is definitely an issue the cameras and the flip phones. I would suggest you download a few HD camera apps from the playstore and check them all to see if they can access you camera. If they do then it's definitely a fault with samsung app not not the physical camera lens.
0 Likes