Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with one UI 4.0 on Z fold 2

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 03:39 PM)
Martinr36
Explorer
Options

Well since up down grading to A12 and one UI 4.0 on my Z fold2 I've been having various problems that didn't exist before the upgrade:

1.  Several apps that are supposed to auto rotate to landscape when opened on the main screen no longer do (Angry Birds Friends, DJI Fly App}
  2. Blue tooth tethering keeps turning off so i have to remember to turn it back on every time i get in the car
  3. The only way to get Words with friends 2 to display correctly is to restart the phone prior to opening the app (see attached screen shots}
  4. Battery life isn't as good as it was under Android 11

Members_rYrRGci_0-1646148910132.jpeg

Members_rYrRGci_1-1646148933368.jpeg

When I came across these i actually wondered if Samsung had posted a beta release to everyone< hasten to add all these apps run fine on my standby phone, an LG V50 running android 11

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Martinr36: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. Regarding the auto rotate problem with certain apps, can you clarify if issue is isolated to the title screens, and if the apps auto rotate when the games are launched? If it is persistent, have you tried checking the Google Play Store for any available updates for the apps that might resolve the issue? 

As a workaround for the Bluetooth tethering issue, please try heading to Settings > Advanced Features > Bixby Routines > Add Routine, and creating a routine to enable Bluetooth under you preferred conditions. For instance, your routine could be 'If > Place > Set your current location > Than > Connections > Bluetooth > On'. 

To address your existing battery issues, please take a look at the energy saving tips below.

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

0 Likes
Martinr36
Explorer
Options

Hi Andrew, I've set up a bixby routine, I'll see how it goes, and report back.

Regarding the auto rotate, no its not just the splash screen, it the whole of the app, and yes both are up to date.

Any suggestions for sorting the problem with words with friends 2 where I have to reboot before it will display properly, and that's also up to date, in fact i tried uninstalling, and reinstalling it to see if that would help

0 Likes
Martinr36
Explorer
Options

Well i set up a bixby routine and it didn't change anything, Bluetooth tethering still doesn't work unless turned on manually, this used to happen very occasionally under Android 11 and One UI 3.0, but nowhere near like this

0 Likes