Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous Restores Gone?

(Topic created on: 27-04-2023 07:47 PM)
HayMorri
Apprentice
Options

Hi there! Hopefully someone can assist me. 

So I recently got my Z Fold 3 5G repaired by Samsung (super service there, cannot fault!), so before I sent it off I backed everything up and factory reset it. However, after restoring it, I have realised that the Gallery did not back up. I have backed up my phone multiple times and had to factory reset and restored it earlier this year and found no issues. All my images and videos restored no problem. So, genius me, I thought I would just restore my phone to the previous restore point only to find that there is only one back up on my samsung cloud. 

Any idea how to access my previous back ups? I have precious pictures of my late dog and would love them back ❤️

Thank you for any assistance. 

(PS - I did restore a 2nd time and got all my apps back and homepage layout, however, still not Gallery restoration)

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
Gallery is no longer backed unless you have and use Microsoft OneDrive or Google Photo's app then I don't think you'll be able to recover them
HayMorri
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately I have read that cloud will have deleted images and videos. So I have been able to recover them before the wipe.
I have learned the lesson to back up everywhere and have automatic back up on my Google one.

Thank you for taking the time to reply though! :smiling-face:
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Were you using a Samsung accout or a Google account. I found the Google account better than Samsung. As once I'd signed into Google then it would take approximately 1 hour to restore everything.
0 Likes
HayMorri
Apprentice
Options
I backed up to both but you have to manually turn on gallery back up for Google.
0 Likes