Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook contacts gone after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 08:35 PM)
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
I have. Fold 3, mostly use Outlook for  a LOT of contacts... Some are stored in Google but not many.

I noticed today, after the Android 12 update that's I have lost hundreds of Outlook contacts... I have checked online and they aren't there, not in the recycle bin online or anywhere.

I use MS Outlook on the phone, synced with Samsung contacts and it usually works seemlesy... 

When I went I to contacts, recycle bin there were some in there but hundreds of contacts called unknown... But with no details and I couldn't open them anyway. 
19 REPLIES 19
Members_fihWpx4
First Poster
Options

Same problem.

Contacts not created from mobile were moved to Outlook deleted items folder .

Unable to restore them on galaxy s20. But works fine under windows 11.

Solution:

disable Outlook sync from contact app. 

Uninstall Outlook app.

Install Outlook and reconfigure account and contact sync from Outlook parameters.

And voilà 😀

0 Likes
FrustratedUser666
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy Ultra Note 20 updated last night and this morning, a ton of my Phone Contacts are gone. If you spend $1,200 - $1,400 on a new device, this shouldn't happen. WTF.  

0 Likes
Options

Hi Guys!!

I think I may have found the solution.

I was googling about this isseu and fount this post on the Microsoft Communty Forum Contacts disappeared after Android upgrade - Microsoft Community. Look a the reply made by the user oDanielo.

The missing users were on Deleted folder of the Outlook Email. I found my contacts deep down on this folder as if they were delete email with the title beeng the name of the contact. If you click on "Move to" the contact will be restored.

I hope this will solve the issue for you too.

DIE54m5ung
First Poster
Options

For me the contacts went in trash so I restored them. Just Great!

Never happened to me in my life to lost the contacts! Fortunatly I have some of them in GOOGLE Contacts. 

Samsung the first time and the last time...

Screenshot_20220202-092951_Contacts.jpg

0 Likes
Members_11qGKR3
First Poster
Options

This also happened to me last night. I've lost over 600 contacts from my outlook.

I have an A52s 5G and this was updated on 1st Feb 2022 at 1624. Its is now on V4.0 of One UI and Andriod 12.

I first noticed an issue when my WhatsApp names weren't coming up, then I noticed on my phone log there were no names just numbers.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook. This did not work. Contacts were still missing.

As with others, I had to access my Outlook from a laptop to find the deleted contacts.  Similar to others comments the missing contacts are not showing in the 'deleted' folder within the contacts section. I found mine in the email section deleted folder. They were at the very end, keep scrolling down. Mine were from '[Draft] [Unknown]', had a symbol like a contact card, then the subject was the persons name eg 'Joe Bloggs' then 'No preview available' if there's no info saved, or details like address's or dates of birth, if these were added.

I'm still in the process of trying to restore them. It appears stuck at 400 out of 682... fingers crossed it works.

My question is why has the Samsung update deleted my contacts from my Outlook? Surely Samsung are looking into this ....

0 Likes
Jr1234
First Poster
Options

My S21Ultra has the same problem.  Most of my 600 or 700 or more contacts gone.  Years and years of contacts.   Can't find it anywhere... not contacts... not email.  After one update I lose the ability to access the phone's folders via USB, and now this.  Terrible quality control.  I have had Samsung phones since the S6 Edge+.  If I don't recover contacts I am junking this.  No excuse for this sort of rubbish. 

0 Likes
blazter
First Poster
Options

S10e has also a problem after Andriod 12. We use Samsung Email for sync to Exchange Server. Most of the contacts was gone. I could restore them from phone Recycle Bin, but now cannot sync them back.

0 Likes
sgmmaffe
First Poster
Options

Have a few colleagues with the same problem. Android 12 along with Outlook app and Office365 contacts. This works well for years.
BUT now with Android 12. Hundreds of contacts disappear every week. You get them back from the trash and after a week the same thing again. What the hell is going on here?! Please fix this nasty bug

0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

I wonder, has anyone tried uninstalling Outlook, clearing cache, restarted and re-installed?

0 Likes
adadas
Student
Options

I am using A52s - my contacts are disappearing after installing Android 12. My contacts disappear everyday. i used to have 400 contacts, and i only have 5 left now... 

PS: I didn't install MS outlook. I am using default Samsung Contact App

0 Likes