Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC not working

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 07:09 AM)
Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
After the oneUI4 Android 12 update my NFC isn't working anymore? I've run the phones diagnostic test and this comes back as ok? When I'm using at any NFC terminal to pay for a product the terminal will no longer pick up my phone? This was never an issue before the update! I'd anyone else having the same issue and have you found a fix? Otherwise it's a send phone off to be checked over?
12 REPLIES 12
gramatikbobo
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, after Android 12 update on my S20 Ultra my NFC stopped working almost completely. After tens of on and off switches it sometimes work a few times but not for long. I was trying to automate some things in my house using NFC Tags but guess what, my 2020 flagship has no working NFC. I tried restarts, clearing cache, multiple types of tags, etc.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Oregon
First Poster
Options

Not sure if this helps, but I found NFC worked fine if I took my smartphone out of its cover. The cover happened to also use my NFC so I figured the cover might have something to do with it. Short story: new cover, no problems with NFC. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
LawSuitClubdotCom
First Poster
Options

This has happened to the majority of people who upgraded to Android 12 not knowing it would shut off NFC.  I have spent months trying to restore NFC functionality on my Nokia H20.   And all my internet research I see endless people with the same problem and the same basic solutions that do not work.  I have cleared my cash I have made sure NFC is turned on and the system as well as in Google pay, I have adjusted the default payment method in case that was overriding NFC functionality I have tried it both on or off and I have rebooted my phone between experimental settings. I did find a solution that worked but because I have spent so much time on this I'm not giving away the answer for free if you want the solution and you don't want to wait for Android to come out with the next update hit me up my website is in my username and I take $20 cash app. At forfortmyers.

0 Likes