Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone and Google Assistant

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Jalcorn
Journeyman
Options
Hi,
I have a fold 5, which I have ensured is up to date. I am trying to use Google assistant. 

The microphone shows as being on, but does not pick up any sound. I have tested the microphone in diagnostics. The lower microphone shows as not working, but the upper microphone does. I can record voice/sound using the lower microphone in Samsing voice recorder. The phone makes calls with no problems.

I have looked on the Web and tried the troubleshooting steps. Also restricting access and switching off Bluetooth.I have uninstalled and reinstalled apps, but cannot get Google Assistant to work. 

Anyone any ideas what to try next?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
Check Google Assistant Settings:

Open the Google app.Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.Go to Settings > Google Assistant.Tap on Voice Match and ensure that Hey Google is enabled.Re-train the voice model if needed.

Check App Permissions:

Go to Settings > Apps > Google.Tap on Permissions and ensure that Microphone permission is allowed.Repeat the same for Google Assistant.

Clear Cache and Data:

Go to Settings > Apps > Google.Tap on Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data.Repeat for the Google Assistant app if it’s listed separately.

Disable Battery Optimization:

Go to Settings > Apps > Google > Battery.Ensure Battery optimization is not restricting the app.Repeat for Google Assistant.

Test in Safe Mode:

Restart your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app might be interfering.To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the power off icon appears. Then press and hold the Power off icon until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap on Safe Mode.Try using Google Assistant in Safe Mode.

Check for Interference:

Ensure that no other voice assistants or apps are trying to use the microphone simultaneously.Disable or uninstall other voice assistant apps if necessary.

Reset App Preferences:

Go to Settings > Apps.Tap the three-dot menu icon and select Reset app preferences. This will reset all preferences for disabled apps, notification restrictions, etc., without deleting app data.

Factory Reset (Last Resort):

If none of the above steps work, consider performing a factory reset. Ensure you back up all your data before doing this.Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset.
0 Likes