Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Light on top of phone

(Topic created on: 13-07-2023 01:47 PM)
caldenjones
First Poster
Options

A couple of days ago a random green light turned on and I haven't been able to get it off.  I assume it has something to do with either the microphone or camera (or both) but this is NOT the little green light in the top right of the screen when you turn on your camera.  This larger green light is directly above the camera in the top center of the phone.  I've checked to see if any apps are using the camera, and i've gone into Developer Options but still can't seem to find any info.  Anyone have any thoughts??

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AaronAJ
Options

That sounds strange, @caldenjones . Could you provide me a screenshot of this or a photo of this? Then I can see what you mean by this. If you are not sure how to take a screenshot on your device, please follow the steps on this link to do this: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-on-my-samsung-galaxy-de...

caldenjones
First Poster
Options

Hey Aaron,

Here are a few pictures of the dot.  Again, not to be confused with the tiny green dot that appears on the top right when the camera is being used.  This light stays on all the time.  My phone installed the latest android update yesterday and during the entire installation and reboot the light stayed on and reappeared after the reboot.Green dot on topGreen dot on topGreen do (2)Green do (2)Close upClose up

0 Likes
Hypertext1464
Pioneer
Options
Looks like it could be stuck pixels from your display as it looks like part of the display and the fact is permanently there suggests it could be this causing it...

Pixels are the dots that make up your screen, Stuck pixels are dots that stay stuck at one colour when your screen is on.

You also seem to have a blob of dead pixels near the camera too (permanently black)
SofiaMuhd
First Poster
Options

Hi.. have you solved the problems? Because my phone also have this type of problem.. suddenly a green light appear on the top of front camera..

0 Likes
Hypertext1464
Pioneer
Options

Possible it could be stuck or dead pixels as I mentioned...

As seen in @caldenjones 's screenshot there is a cluster of dead pixels around the camera and a few stuck green pixels.

It's likely a physical screen issue...

0 Likes