Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Z fold 3 under display camera

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 10:51 AM)
Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
Hi has anyone else had an issue with the under display camera now not been under display? Mine seems to have reverted back to a hole punch out after the recent update? Any help or advice much appreciated 🙏 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Suchy1977 

My Fold 3 is on the latest update and on the September security Patch.

I typically have my phone set to Dark Mode but from your post I turned that off to check and when my phones inner larger display then has a white background the UDC still kicks in and attempts to hide itself.

There is no Black ring etc across the camera hole punch so I'm not sure what's going on with yours.

Can I ask do you by chance have Goodlock and it's plug ins  MultiStar or Notistar downloaded which could be a factor why your phones UDC is showing this way  as this has a UDC setting.

The below recent forum thread discusses this new setting via Goodlock. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/fold-3-software-updates/m-p/3915941/page/2 

.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/pncpmm/fill_udc_on_latest_goodlock_update_no_idea_why/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
Its part of a new addition to the top panel called "UDC" which puts a black ring around the hole punch 😲 why i dont know but hey ho problem solved 😉
0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Suchy1977 

My Fold 3 is on the latest update and on the September security Patch.

I typically have my phone set to Dark Mode but from your post I turned that off to check and when my phones inner larger display then has a white background the UDC still kicks in and attempts to hide itself.

There is no Black ring etc across the camera hole punch so I'm not sure what's going on with yours.

Can I ask do you by chance have Goodlock and it's plug ins  MultiStar or Notistar downloaded which could be a factor why your phones UDC is showing this way  as this has a UDC setting.

The below recent forum thread discusses this new setting via Goodlock. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/fold-3-software-updates/m-p/3915941/page/2 

.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/pncpmm/fill_udc_on_latest_goodlock_update_no_idea_why/ 

Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
Yes i am using goodlock as you stated but ive now deselected the oprion in my pull down menu "UDC" and my under display camera go's back to normal 👍🏼 thanks for the link I will check this out anyway but thanks 😊
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Suchy1977