Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z fold 3 - Rocket player does not see the USB?

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 01:28 PM)
SamLuBu
Apprentice
Options

My 3 fold sees a plugged in USB stick and so do a few file managers after giving them demanded permissions. However, only total commander gives me the correct full path to the directory synchr on the stick. However, Rocket player does not see the USB. It seems not JRT to b!ame but Android or Samsung. To tell RocketPlayer where my music is I need the full path and then I hope RocketPlayer will find the media in synchr. What can I do to make RocketPlayer to see the US B drive.

Rocketplayer on my xperia sees the internal memory and the USB. Can anybody help

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Chooii
Pathfinder
Options
My advice would be to check the settings in the music player. Some music players will look for music in a specific default music folder only. You will have to tell the app to expand where it is looking and that may help bring up what you're looking for if the files are compatible.
0 Likes
SamLuBu
Apprentice
Options
Yes, but to do so I need the full path to my music folder. How to get this?
0 Likes
Chooii
Pathfinder
Options
Sorry for the late reply. Downloaded RocketPlayer and had a look.

First click on the little dots on the bottom right of the rocket player screen.

Then click on settings.

Then My Library.

Then click on Select Media Folders.

You will then, if you have your USB plugged in, you should have 2 drop down menus of the phone and the USB.

Click on the USB one and then select the folders where your music is and select the tick boxes of the appropriate folders where your media is.

If that doesn't bring it up but other programs can see the USB, then maybe RocketPlayer isn't configured to play from USB, but most of them are.

I've included screenshots of the screens I went through to help.

If that fails, try Power Amp Player or Pi music player. I know they play from USB.

I hope this helps.Screenshot_20210920-094840_Rocket Player_28763.jpgScreenshot_20210920-094607_Rocket Player_28760.jpgScreenshot_20210920-094552_Rocket Player_28759.jpgScreenshot_20210920-094624_Rocket Player_28761.jpg
SamLuBu
Apprentice
Options
Hi Chooii, wow great work. Many thanks. I was at the point of your screenshots and think the main blockage sits with Samsung or Google. Somehow they don't like people using external memory. Can your RocketPlayer see another USB? Mine does not. BUT strangely enough my older Xperia phone does see both storages. And there it is no problem to add syncr as another directory with music. That's why I think Android 11 gives RocketPlayer no chance to see the USB. Otherwise it must be Samsung who blocks it on the 3 fold. I tried also several file managers. They asked all for a special permission but saw then the USB. However only total commander gave me a proper path to the syncr directory. I used this to tell RocketPlayer the path, but as it does not see in my 3 fold the USB I'm stuck. In short, RocketPlayer does see the USB on another phone (Xperia) with a lower version of Android, so why not on the 3 fold? I will try one of the players you suggested, but RocketPlayer is the one from JRT who als made iSyncr which I use a lot. Hope all makes sense and I hope Google/Samsung read such posts as well. BR
0 Likes