Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy z flip5 - no finger sensor gestures?

(Topic created on: 04-08-2023 10:47 PM)
krixiu
Journeyman
Options
Quite gutted to get my new phone to see that the main feature I use most is apparently not available for the device??

Searching online is bringing up nothing and I'm confused. IMO it's a great feature, has it really been cut this year?
6 REPLIES 6
dsss
Voyager
Options
Yeah me too, upgraded from fold 4 and was soo much habituated. But it was removed from 5.1.1 quite strange
L0gan5
Explorer
Options

I believe it is due to the new ultrasonic sensor being used instead of a capacitive sensor used on the previous model which was suited for movement as well.

I’ve no idea if the new sensor is incapable of this not, but it is a sad omission as I used this feature a lot on the Flip 3/4

krixiu
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for some insight on the sensor! It is quite disappointing, as it was a feature I used religiously, especially one handed. It irks me that there just seems to be no official info on it. 🤔
krixiu
Journeyman
Options
Honestly, it put a damper on the excitement of getting the upgrade. Yes, I have a bigger front screen which is nice, but I just can't get out of the habit of trying to scroll down on the sensor 😭
0 Likes
silverfox171
First Poster
Options
Same for the fold 5 on 5.1.1. So gutted. Used all the time.
0 Likes
diatzk
First Poster
Options

If I had known they removed this feature I would've never upgraded. I changed back from iPhone to the Flip 5 after having my Flip 3 in the past (screen cracked in the middle every 6-8 months) and I'm very disappointed. This phone is so tall, it's literally almost unusable without this feature. 

0 Likes