Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Flip 4 Hinge - second time it failed

(Topic created on: 10-03-2023 03:33 PM)
Covington
First Poster
Options

I've not dropped this phone yet the hinge has failed twice now.   I took it to UBreakIFix and they replaced the hinge under Samsung warranty.  I would say within a month it would start 'clicking' when I opened the phone and sometimes would only open 90-95% of the way.  Then I close/re-open and it would open fully.  Now, with no warning it is opening maybe 45% of the way again (similar to the original failure).

Samsung has a problem with these hinges and if I have to pay for this it will be the last Samsung phone I buy... I've had the S8, S9, S10, and the Flip 4 (Samsung Gear and Gear Pro also).  I just can't have a phone that is inoperable every few months and requires repairing.   Terrible QA on this hinge, IMO.

Sorry to just come in and complain - but this is ridiculous on this phone.

9 REPLIES 9
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Covington 

Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the hinge.

"Samsung has a problem with these hinges and if I have to pay for this it will be the last Samsung phone I buy... "

Small consolation but as this is the UK/EU section of the forums, you are covered for up to 24 months on your warranty. See...

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

Hopefully, your hinge issue will be resolved long before then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
MBagshaw15
Explorer
Options
We had a problem where we got tha galaxy fold z where the screen was black except for a small corner after about a month of use. I was disappointed in Samsung for this. Gone back to Samsung galaxy s9
0 Likes
wideanglesoftware
Apprentice
Options
Mine just started doing this as well. Sending off for repair. A real pain.
0 Likes
Members_Kd35mhM
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung flip4. Looks like my issue is exactly the same as above.  The hinge has worked itself out and the phone only opens partly. What can be done please. Only purchased in January. 

naj187
First Poster
Options
My fold 4 is the same. Bought it in November. Hinge went in May and now going back in for repair for the same problem!
mikkiedf
Apprentice
Options

Mine only now opens 50% of the way and repair shop will not repair under warranty, bought just under 12 months ago.

Seems really poor and just getting bounced between ee and Samsung saying its each others problem.

mikkiedf
Apprentice
Options

Similar views though, if this isn't repaired for free it will be the last Samsung I own.

N3rty
First Poster
Options
Exactly the same issue after the hinge getting stiff,it has eventually lifted the screen from the phone causing the screen to bleed and be unusable...I have lost all my photos that i had not backed up..Only had the phone a few months,always in a case never dropped But samsung say they will jot repair under warranty due to the minor hinge damage caused by no fault of my own,just the poorly designed hinge.
I am now left without a decent phone and 18months on my contract after having samsung s9,s10,s20 This will be my last dealing with samsung due to there terrible way they have gone about there problem with the phone!..Its all over google these Z4 flip phone have hinge issues..
Steviechi
Apprentice
Options

Another one to add to the list for bad hinge.

I have hade Note8, 9, 10 now this 'not fit for purpose' phone

0 Likes