Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4 useless after 5.1.1 update

(Topic created on: 09-09-2023 11:28 PM)
icg71
Apprentice
Options
I have just made the mistake of updating my galaxy fold 4 to 5.1.1. I now have no sound & certain apps have decided they they don't want to run. The phone has just spent 10 days away for a repair, through no fault of my own. Required a new internal screen after the built in screen protector peeled across the joint then the screen stopped working and ended up with an inch wide black line across the joint. Iv had it back for approx 3 weeks and now this. Very frustrating and i'm beginning to wonder why i wasted that much money on such a poor quality and now absolutely useless product. Nevermind, i can now bin this and go and spend another £1749 on a new and improved fold 5, released just 12 months after a new and improved fold 4.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@icg71 

Sorry to learn you are having issues with your Fold4. 

I have the latest update for One UI 5.1.1 and there are no issues whatsoever. After installing the update did you wipe your phone's cache partition and automatically repair apps as described here...

Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

Also, open your phone dialler and type in...*#0*#

This will display a test page and you can check your Speaker1 and Speaker 2 sound to see if the speakers are working.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
icg71
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for reply
Having tried that it would appear there not working. Everything was working before the update, so definitely an update issue.
0 Likes
icg71
Apprentice
Options
I'll just give customer service a try, no joy on here...maybe they'll have the answer...in the meantime i'll go back to using my trustee note 9...
0 Likes
fluffy2023
First Poster
Options
Im having app problems after update for one UI 5.1.1 as well, certain app are now not compatible with flip 4 phone
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@fluffy2023 

Are the apps that you refer to, System apps or are they 3rd party apps from the Play Store?

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
fluffy2023
First Poster
Options
Its play store app (disney plus and kalrna so far wont work i did you an update to one UI 5.1.1 now says this app wont work on this device ( samsung flip 4) was working fine the other day
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@fluffy2023 

Both of those apps are receiving lots of negative reviews across the board from users on the Play Store. Your best bet is to contact the developers directly about their apps.

0 Likes
Tomashqo
Student
Options

Same here. After update 5.1.1. I got an error message One Ui stopped working. Large display turned black. After a while OS restarted and there is no sound from speakers. I tested it with: *#0*# and both speaker are working well. Also wifi turned off.  And so on and one. Phone is completely useless.

SAUR
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy z fold 4 one ui 5.1.1 region xxv has the same absolutely problem as described above, started a week ago by itself. Its, massive oune ui 5.1.1 software bug! Samsung fix it or change phone for garanty....  Has anyone tried to install one ui 5.0 or android 12 ?

0 Likes