Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip5 screen problem after update

(Topic created on: 24-03-2024 11:40 PM)
addlds90
First Poster
Options
Any one having problems with the latest update on flip5, the main screen on mine has gone faulty not dropped it at all its been in a case since I got it on contract 6 months ago in UK and it started with screen fault at 7pm today 24th March 24

Aattached are photos I've done what samsung suggest and it's still like this

Even before hard reset it wasn't showing anything on main screen when open and took ages to respond
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@addlds90 I think it would be a good idea to let a Samsung Service Centre have hands on with your phone ,or if you haven't one local contact Samsung to send it to them. 

Take time and date stamped photo's of the phone to show it's aesthetic condition. Add a note the box detailing what's exactly happened. 

Use good packaging and choose a signed for delivery option with adequate insurance attached. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
addlds90
First Poster
Options
Took it to my Samsung center in Manchester and they told me to take it to network provider who is now looking into it apparently I'm not the first one today for them
0 Likes
Leah9
First Poster
Options

This has happened to my phone today. Perfectly fine one minute...mental the next. My front screen works but the inside main screen is almost all black now...absolutely no control over it at all. I've been told to go to a samsung too. what was your outcome? 

0 Likes
addlds90
First Poster
Options
My network provider sent it off for repair been a common problem they replace screen free,and it's working fine for now don't let them fob you off just tell them under consumer rights act that the phone is not fit for purpose been ??months old and under their warranty its need to be fixed or replace, say its hardship and you need your phone for work and you are an emergency contact for family member
0 Likes
LaBosh
First Poster
Options

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 12.29.02_bc393753.jpg

Seems like this is a common issue for Flip/Fold Z series, I am also having the same issue after an update. The screen will flashed/flicked with some yellow lights after I close or open my phone. It will also not activate the internal screen after I flipped open.

0 Likes
Leah9
First Poster
Options
Yep, this is what happened to me and after a few hours it just went black from the middle outwards. I've been told my warranty is void because of a tiny nip in the frame of the phone which I'd never even noticed due to the case. Its so small and not even on the actual screen but apparently I can't prove it wasn't that that caused my entire screen to malfunction. Absolutely devastated after spending so much on the phone only 6 months ago. Having to go through my insurance which is also taking forever. Luckily I had an old phone I could still use. Have you spoken to anyone?
0 Likes
LaBosh
First Poster
Options

I just changed to their S24 Ultra, but thinking of fixing the phone as spare phone. I contacted Samsung and they asked me to do all the regular generic steps which doesn't help much and finally asked me to send to their serv centre.  My Flip also no longer covered with a warranty 😞

0 Likes
Leah9
First Poster
Options
Yeah, I couldn't do any of the steps because the phone was dead ha! That's annoying about the warranty. I have warranty till Sept 25 so I'm pretty frustrated and not sure how to escalate it. I've said the same thing to so many people on their help thing...!
0 Likes
LaBosh
First Poster
Options

Do yours also happened after a software updates? Cos I think mine was after the updates then the problem occurred. 

0 Likes