Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 4 screen bleeding and protector coming off

(Topic created on: 19-11-2023 07:59 PM)
Members_Ci8haBU
First Poster
Options

I've had a Samsung flip 4 for 2 months now, bought it new from Telekom Hungary.

For the past month when I opened the phone, I heard some noises but didn't mind since I didn't see anything physically.
Last night when I wanted to open my phone, I saw a black line on the hinge and I was terrified. The bleeding spread a lot more and the protector is coming off by literally above the hinge and now on the hinge.

I started reading about how this is a common issue for these phones and yet Samsung fails to repair most of them due to them claiming that it's damaged by a user.

I'm worried that such an expensive phone with a valid warranty is going to the wasted..There's no way I would pay more than 100$ to get a 1000$ phone fixed for something Samsung did. What can I do??

10 REPLIES 10
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

As you bought your device from Telekom Hungary, I would reach out to them to seek a replacement given you've only had it for a couple of months.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Started a few days ago, today even worse.20231119_084930_1000049808_1700383773.jpg
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
jonathan747
Apprentice
Options
They are a con.
0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
Do not take the screen protector off as it invalidates the warranty as I found out when I had my flip phone and it did the same.
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung UK won't be able to help.

MB
PAD
Pioneer
Options
I have the same issue for the 2nd time. The phone is 13 months old, first time the protector issue was fixed by Samsung under warranty stating this was a one off screen repair and any subsequent would be outside if warranty. What a pain!
0 Likes
Muikku
Student
Options

Flip 4 user here. Mine is less than 2 months old, yesterday it fell on the floor from low table by accident. First, and apparently last time dropping it, as the screen came loose from the hinge, upper touch screen quit functioning, and black spreading  "ink" covers more than half of the screen. Really dissappointed with durability, as samsung most likely will not fix it under warranty. They told me to bring it in for inspection and if they decide it wont be repaired under warranty, i will have to pay inspection fees. Repair will cost around 600 euros, which is what i paid for the brand new phone. 

Vicrob
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem. It went to Samsung service centre in Uk and they say it’s not under warranty. We have had it for one year. Disgusting service. I will never buy Samsung again. 

Noro99
First Poster
Options

I started noticing the seam on my screen puckering after 7 months. And I really don't fold the phone  that much. I took it for repair under my warranty and the screen was replaced. Next day it was puckering again. Called Samsung. They told me I have to send my phone in (for 3 weeks!!) for repair. I asked if they extend the warranty, they said no. They will give 90 days only. If the phone starts having issues after that, I'll have to pay for repairs--oh, they will offer a discount. The repairs are in the hundreds . This phone was not cheap! I'm furious that Samsung is not standing behind their product. The screen is obviously a design flaw and the fact that they want to charge for the repair is insane. I really regret getting a Samsung, it turned out to be a huge mistake. Will NEVER get a Samsung again. Horrible customer service. I usually keep my phones for 4, 5 years, until updates are no longer available. I have been incredibly disappointed with this phone. BEYOND disappointed!!

0 Likes