Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT BUT SAMSUNG FOLD

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 03:47 PM)
MarcoPolo74
Explorer
Options
Do not buy Samsung Galaxy Fold 3rd or 4th generation. I have just received a message from the samsung website that the "dead pixel" was caused by mechanical damage. Absurd accusations as the phone was not misused in any way. Samsung removes negative comments, but due to the amount of the phone, I will pursue my rights in court.
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Really unfortunate you are having this experience.
I don't know what is causing the problem with screen pixels failing. But so far with the Z Fold 3 I had and now the Z Fold 4, I've not had this issue.
Were the problem screen pixels in the centre of the screen out of interest?
I have seen one or two issues that have had this problem.
But not that many. Usually it's to do with the screen protector.

Did they give a reason for the diagnosis of user damage?

Hopefully you can get it resolved quickly
MarcoPolo74
Explorer
Options
Well they said: Impact puncture mark has caused the dead pixel... It is impossible, i took a photo of the screen before i send it for repair and there is not demage at all not even scratch... Not even 3 months old phone... Ridiciolous!
0 Likes
Natttiii22
Apprentice
Options
They did the same to me!! Told me that I have damage when my phone was intact when I send to them
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
Have u not got Samsung care?? If you have they should replace it as that covers accidental damage... I've heard so many horror stories like this I have the fold 4 and worry about the screen hence why I bought two years care plus
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung have really dropped the ball on the flip and fold phones. My screen protector came apart from the screen so even though its only 10 months old I couldn't afford to be lied to with invisible problems or the cost of a repair for something that should be under warranty so now it doesn't have one on it. I think the concept of a folding phone is great but the support from Samsung is non existent. I was asked by a phone shop assistant if I would have the flip 4 and replied that I probably wouldn't have another Samsung phone.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to hear of the issues your experiencing with your phone @MarcoPolo74  😔 

I own the Samsung Fold³.

The inner screen protector delaminated down the centre crease which led me to carefully remove the screen protector.

I've decided not to fit one myself or pursue Samsung to have one fitted.

The screen / display works just fine without the plastic screen protector.

However due to the current technology of how the Fold and Flip screens work they are not as durable as full glass on slab type phone's.

This is something that in my opinion has to be considered when deciding on whether to pull the trigger to purchase or not.

My advice as you feel the assessment isn't right is to pursue for a 2nd opinion and raise a ticket to Samsung to challenge.

It might be worth looking at any Home Contents insurance / some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account to see if you can reach resolution that way. Obviously excess fee's would need to be considered and premiums may rise after a successful claim.

I appreciate you've lost faith in the product and I hope that the advice given by members here go someway to support and help you.

I wish you all the best.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MarcoPolo74
Explorer
Options
Thank you 🤗
0 Likes
dylll
First Poster
Options
Yeah my z flip 4 has had something under the screen press on the display and killed a line of pixels roughly 1mm by 3mm
0 Likes
Capper
Apprentice
Options

I could not agree more with you on Samsung support. My experience with Samsung support  has been very poor. Samsung update introduces a problem with a Samsung app, and I am supposed to have known to have setup the configuration in a specific way. On top of that the app data is not and cannot be backed either on the registered google account or on Samsung's cloud.  Samsung support answer to all this is effectively "sorry we can't help you".   

0 Likes