Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dashcam wants me to delete all images/videos in order to download footage

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
ren41
Explorer
Options

I've bought a new dashcam and when setting it up, it tells me there is no space available to download footage, snapshots etc. The phone (Fold4) reports 69gb of free space and almost 6gb of free memory - is there anything I'm missing? A cap on the amount of space you can use for photos and images, for instance?

The dashcam manufacturer's support facility has been singularly unhelpful, telling me my phone must be full and I should delete all videos and photos. I use my phone for work and a lot of what I have is comes from clients, I need to be able to access it on my phone. Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What model and make is the dashcam @ren41 

I would suggest to also look for a dedicated forum of similar users of your product as they maybe able to help.

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ren41
Explorer
Options

It's a road angel vision dash cam. I did look for a users group/forum but hadn't found, so far. I rang RA support this morning; there are several ways to download content and I had managed to download a couple of snapshots from one of them despite messages saying I couldn't. Basically they said try and download video and if that works just ignore the messages 🙄. So I'll do that when I get the chance and see if I can. So annoying - you've got to be able to download as it saves to SD card on a loop. I'll let you know what happens!

0 Likes