Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

(Topic created on: 17-02-2022 12:42 PM)
pjc1973
Journeyman
Options
Just been told that a less than six week old phone with no scratches or wear and tear will cost £250 to repair- a dead pixel evidently being my fault even though there has been no dropping or misuse. Thoroughly fed up and being fobbed off with a"thats the way it is" attitude. Will now look to sell phone and move as quickly as possible away from Samsung.

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @pjc1973 

Has the Samsung Service Centre clarified how this may have happened and how this attributed to user caused ?

Usually using the colour test panel diagnostic tool in the phone helps dislodge a stuck pixel. Not always though unfortunately. 

You can challenge the engineers report by contacting the Service Centre or Samsung.

Also a person is covered under the Consumer-rights-act-2015 to which information cam be found here > Consumer-rights-act-2015. 

If the phone was supplied by a Network as part of a contract then it's them that need to challenged in regards to the Customer Rights Act. 

Would you let us know how you get on please.

I wish all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

pjc1973
Journeyman
Options
I really appreciate your information and advice, thank you. My provider has put the blame squarely with Samsung. I raised a case with Samsung just for them to reply the next day with the it not our problem defence! Thanks again
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your network who supplied the phone are the ' seller ' of the phone so have a duty of care in this matter and are the source you would engage with under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Perhaps try to escalate through your networks customer services department using the info in the link I've supplied.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Members_725mbto
First Poster
Options

I totally get it mate and I am feeling the same.

Trying to get a refund for a service they never provided (recycling an old TV) and it is almost 3 months, I have been told a lie after lie - once said the refund is complete and when I asked for evidence, sent some fake info, and a week later asked me to wait 3-4 working days for the refund to arrive. More than 2 weeks, I haven't seen a penny of it. It is strange that I can't make a formal complaint either. Samsung's attitude towards customers sucks

mljuarez
First Poster
Options

Both my phone and 2 of my husband's plastic coating on our phones started peeling.  My started with a thin line in the middle of the phone at the fold.  I went to the store because the black line started to spread over the entire phone and I could not read the  numbers or see any of my texts nor could I answer my phone.  The rep at the store did see the phone and said there was no indication that it was something that I had caused and he connected me to the warranty dept. at the store.  The Samsung rep, first thing she asked, "did you drop the phone" 🙄 the answer was no!!.  Since I was at the store, she took the rep's word that the phone looked good other than the black blob in the middle of my phone.  

As far as my husband, he was told that they were going to charged him for the replacement because it looked like he dropped it or something. 

Today, my husband called me to let me know that he met up with one of his colleagues and that he pulled out a flip phone, told him our stories and he said well, this is my second phone.  And his wife just rolled her eyes in exasperation.  

THIS PHONE IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO USE A PHONE

0 Likes
Leeanne2103
Student
Options

SORRY IF THIS ISNT ALLOWED but I don’t want anyone else to get screwed over!!
So I have a Samsung Z Flip4 phone which was brought outright for £999 from Tesco mobile this was just under 3 months ago. The screen went wrong & after two weeks of being sent back and forth between store and a contact centre they finally picked the phone up, they spoke to my partner and told him the LCD had gone in the screen and it’s going to cost £350 to fix it even though it had a years warranty it apparently that doesn’t cover it!!!! The phone was in perfect condition and not damaged at all. I was told to send it to Samsung as they said they would fix it so I spoke to someone at Samsung after they received my phone through the post upon inspection they said it was damaged and was going to cost £400 to fix!! There was definitely no damage when it left me. I was switching from i phone to Samsung for the first time!! It will definitely be the last. I’m going back to iPhone I have never had any issues with Apple!!!
Please I hope no one else makes the mistake of buying a Samsung especially from Tesco mobile they are rubbish and their customer service is disgusting!!

0 Likes
bevlaaa69
First Poster
Options
hi only got my flip4 later last year , where phone folders there scratches and other talk about this what can I do please
0 Likes