Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC TV - Watchdog Fold5/Flip4

(Topic created on: 08-11-2023 08:14 PM)
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Got a Fold4 or Flip4?

BBC TV One Show has done a story tonight on prime time BBC1 about poor quality, warranty issues, Samsung not playing fair.

Watch on catch up if this is relevant to you.

My own thoughts here. If the device is faulty and Samsung won't repair whilst in warranty period, issue a claim in the Small Claims Court for the full amount paid.

Samsung likely won't want to proceed and may sit up and listen.....
S24 Ultra
12 REPLIES 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Its weird because I have heard so many horrible stories about samsung warranty. However when my s21 went faulty it was 12 months old and bought from argos. To my amazement when I sent it in they more or less said they couldn't fix and offered full refund or replacement and all it was was the screen delamination slightly 🤷
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I couldn't find this program piperdog whats it called I searched watchdog and prime time on bbc iplayer and nothing came up, am being thick or something lol?
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It was on The One Show
S24 Ultra
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra  

BBC One. 08 November 2023. The One Show. BBC iPlayer link...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001s6zq/the-one-show-08112023

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Perfect thank you
0 Likes
First Poster
Options
My flip4 stopped working in October starting g with a thin black line across the screen then whole screen went blank, took it to ee as instructed by Samsung and three, to be told it was unfixable and the screen was the problem but screen isn't under warranty so basically the fone the 8 month old fone is no use to any1 and I'm still having to pay the contract. Thanks samsung
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you paid by credit card, think about a Section 75 Claim via your bank.

If you paid by debit card, speak to your bank about a chargeback (not guaranteed).

If you paid by bank transfer, raise a claim in the Small Claims Court. Yes you'll pay up front the court fees but should you win you get them reimbursed along with the value of the phone.

This all assumes you haven't damaged the screen yourself.
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Dave j
Explorer
Options

Has anyone had any joy with this yet. I'm having same issue. Red line on screen and hinge cracking. But it's my fault apparantly cos there are s few small marks on the hinge. They want 300 to fix it. No chance. I have now contacted watchdog 

0 Likes
Members_e9mopsp
First Poster
Options

How did you contact Watchdog? I would like to as well as my hinge stopped working on my 4 month old phone and Samsung repairs are claiming there are 'dents' on the hinge.

I took my own photos of it before sending it in thanks to Watchdog so I intend to pursue it too.

0 Likes