Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 with Android 10 Do Not Disturb app exceptions setup missing

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 03:42 PM)
WillQ
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I recently upgraded my S9 to Android 10. I have some apps that I wish to remain active during the Do Not Disturb period but I cannot find out how to allow these apps to do so. Does anybody have this issue too? Does anybody know how to fix it?

18 REPLIES 18
DJ_JD
Student
Options

Bump, still waiting...

0 Likes
JohnH999
Student
Options

Seems like Samsung is moving more and more towards the apple methodology of removing features and charging more for it.

0 Likes
DJ_JD
Student
Options

I found this:

If you search in the settings by typing "do not disturb permission" then some apps are listed once selected from the "special access" menu. I guess it must be the way each app is coded, but unfortunately the security system app I require is not listed there.

Time to go OnePlus I guess 😃

Aaclof
First Poster
Options

Hi ! Don't know if this still is an issue for you. I think it is still possible. If you go to the "notifications" parameters, then choose an app, click on "notifications", you have an option at the end of the screen "Ignore DND". 

Hope this can help.

0 Likes
JohnH999
Student
Options

it's not available as an option for me.

0 Likes
Aaclof
First Poster
Options

Well. OK...

I have a S9+ and Android 10. And it works on my phone...

I wanted to let "EufySecurity" notifications go through despite of DND. First I could not find how to do it.

But now :

- Parameters

- Notifications

- Display all notifications.

- Click on the name of an application.

- Then, either click on notification, or on a category of notifications if the app has different types of notifications.

- And then, at the end of the screen : Ignore DND.

(The real words could be a little different, my phone is in french !).

Where in the process does it stop working on your side ?

0 Likes
AceMan53
Student
Options

I agree with DJ_JD post ‎11-06-2021 03:21 PM that it depends on how the app was coded by the author. 

0 Likes
Isabelle 2
First Poster
Options

Does this work for you? Try settings > notifications > do not disturb > Apps. Click on apps (it should be there on do not disturb under the "exceptions" header) and then u can click apps besides your phone app, and turn on/off specific notifications there.

(I'm on Android 11 with a samsung galaxy s10 plus.) 

0 Likes
Pickles102
Student
Options

Everything in my exceptions for dnd was set to a low Ding sound. I've missed so many important things because the low Ding 1) is not one of my sounds 2) definitely not loud enough to get my attention. Hence the dnd EXCEPTIONS! so I can be notified of SPECIFIC THINGS

0 Likes