Did you mean: 

S9 No Swipe or Predictive Text/Spell Check

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 12:45 PM)
Gail1
Apprentice
Options

Please help: 

I love to swipe text, now i can't:

updated yesterday, no longer can Swipe to Text, No Predictive Text and No Auto-spell check.

Things i have done: 

1. turned it off an on again.

2. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> confirmed that the ENglish UK language pack has downloaded

3. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> On-screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > smart typing - and selected the good stuff

4. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> On-screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Swipe, touch, and feedback - and selected Swipe to Type

As i try to swipe the blue line appears as if it is registering the touch, but then doesn't display any words.

Please help.

14 REPLIES 14
AsadM
Options
Hi @Gail1.

Let's look to get this sorted for you. Just to confirm, were Predictive Text, Swipe to Text, and Auto-spell check already enabled before you went through the steps you've mentioned, or were they turned off and you later changed this via these steps?

Let's try resetting the keyboard back to its default settings by going into Settings > General management> Language and input > On-screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Reset to default settings.

After you've done this, switch off the phone for 20 seconds.

0 Likes
Gail1
Apprentice
Options

Dear AsadM,

I've done this. 

What do i do next?

Thanks

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
How's your phone running after you went through this, @Gail1?
0 Likes
Gail1
Apprentice
Options
great, but still not doing any of the swiping, predictive or autocorrect.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for confirming. It may be ideal for you to send an error report on your phone. This will be forwarded onto our engineers and they'll be able to assess what may be causing this, and you'll get a reply on Error reports. You can send an error report by going into the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports. Please send this within 15 minutes of the issue occurring.

0 Likes
CK62
First Poster
Options

@Gail1 wrote:

Please help: 

I love to swipe text, now i can't:

updated yesterday, no longer can Swipe to Text, No Predictive Text and No Auto-spell check.

Things i have done: 

1. turned it off an on again.

2. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> confirmed that the ENglish UK language pack has downloaded

3. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> On-screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > smart typing - and selected the good stuff

4. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> On-screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Swipe, touch, and feedback - and selected Swipe to Type

As i try to swipe the blue line appears as if it is registering the touch, but then doesn't display any words.

Please help.

I have exactly the same problem since i installed the new update. Clearly there is something wrong with the update.

Ive tried resetting everything to do with text. No change. Everything was working fine before the update. Ive put in an error report but as of yet no reply

MyssYolo
First Poster
Options

It is the same for me. Very frustrating as i am not used to typing anymore. I tried all suggested but nothing works after latest update. 

0 Likes
Gail1
Apprentice
Options

I know, very annoying! I've sent an error via the samsung app. Not heard anything back. The most annoying for me; missing predictive text!! 

0 Likes
MyssYolo
First Poster
Options

Mine is working now.  I deleted English (UK) and selected English (AU) instead. It is UK language file not working.  But i think English US and AU versions are fine. If you don't mind you can try. 

0 Likes