Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How do you keep text messages permanently locked on lock screen rather than disappearing??

(Topic created on: 18-07-2020 01:44 PM)
timp446
Apprentice
Options

Hi. How do you keep text messages staying permanently on the lock screen rather than just notifying me and then disappearing after 2 seconds? On my old iPhone, the message would stay on the screen so when I looked it, it would be there whenever. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

It should be doing that on default. do you see any notification permanently on your lock screen and is messages your only issue? If so go to

Setting>apps>messages>notifications>new messages> is lock screen marked as show content?

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Your lockscreen view style might be set to icon instead of detailed view.

Setting>lockscreen>notifications(the word, not the on/off switch)>view style>detailed 

This is for all notifications there will be a section with your recent text messages that you can expand to see more till there cleared. Once the notifications have been cleared you wont be able to see this section till you receive another message.

Hope this helps fix your issue.

0 Likes
timp446
Apprentice
Options

I have it on detailed view already. My issue is that the message only stays on the lock screen for a few seconds. I'd like it to stay on my lock screen as it did with iPhone. Is this possible?

Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

It should be doing that on default. do you see any notification permanently on your lock screen and is messages your only issue? If so go to

Setting>apps>messages>notifications>new messages> is lock screen marked as show content?

0 Likes
timp446
Apprentice
Options

No notification stays permanently on my lock screen. They all disappear including messages. And yes it does say show content.

0 Likes