Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android file transfer from Galaxy S9 to my MacBook pro not working when trying to transfer my pictures from the DCIM folder

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 03:27 PM)
JohnEagle
Journeyman
Options

If I use Android file transfer to attempt to transfer my pictures from my DCIM folder on my mobile to my MacBook pro it fails with a msg "Cant access storage device"

I can successfully access other smaller folders so I suspect it is something to do with the folder size of DCIM/Camera.

I have 128Gb of storage on my phone.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Hi, have you tried to copy the images over and not the whole DCIM folder?
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I use Dropbox..... pictures and files are automatically uploaded to my pc ...
JohnEagle
Journeyman
Options

I am trying to copy files from DCIM/Camera folder. Tried to copy Camera folder over but that too just failed without a response. I think its the size of my camera folder causing the issue.

0 Likes
JohnEagle
Journeyman
Options

Do you run dropbox app on mobile or PC?

0 Likes
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Does it occur when just moving a single photo for example or is it when you try the folder as a whole?

You could also use Microsoft OneDrive or as mentioned by Pete, Dropbox.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Dropbox is installed on my pc and phone and both are synced or signed into both to allow transfer of pictures or files
0 Likes
JohnEagle
Journeyman
Options

I select the DCIM folder using Android fietransfer app on my PC, the select Camera folder under DCIM then after a minute or so I get error msg. I have done this successfully before but camera folder was smaller.

If I try drag and dropping camera folder it seems to create the new camera folder on pc then just fails without error response. 

I am using MacBook pro with all latest updates and Galaxy S9.

Ive done this before successfully.

Never used drop box so a bit unsure how to link PC and S9 and schedule what to copy across. Do you need to upgrade to get larger storage, 2Gb seems to be default which is not enough.

I cant believe its so hard to simply copy files from android phone to my PC connected storage.

0 Likes
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Can you share the specific error? I'm not that knowledgeable around Apple products.
0 Likes
JohnEagle
Journeyman
Options

After selecting DCIM folder I then select camera folder and after a minute or so get response (from Android file transfer app) 

Cant access device storage

(Make sure that your device is unlocked and file transfer or 'MTP' mode is selected.

I have tried both with and without  transfer images and transfer files selected with same result.

I wonder if maybe I use my daughters windows PC I will have better luck. Im just trying to copy the photos to an offline storage device connected to my pc, but not getting that far

0 Likes