Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 update kills Daydream compatibility

(Topic created on: 01-02-2020 05:03 PM)
GinKage
Apprentice
Options

Just like that, without any notice or warning, Daydream no longer works on my S9+.

The same applies to S9 and Note 9, which used to be perfectly compatible with Daydream, but now all you get is this:

Screenshot_20200201-111142_Daydream.jpg

Note that the scene behind this dialog window is actually perfectly rendered, and the phone itself is using the "low motion-blur" screen mode.

The problem is, in Android 8 and Android 9, these phones have defined a system flag "android.hardware.vr.high_performance", which is no longer defined on Android 10.
This is a Samsung-specific problem, as Pixel phones running Android 10 can still use Daydream perfectly (as reported in this Reddit thread).

Hopefully Samsung will be able to get around to fix this problem in a future system update, as it only requires them to add a single xml file to the system image...

248 REPLIES 248
Robinl
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here. Samsung needs to add back the proper flags.

This was missed in One UI 2.0 update and should be corrected ASAP !

Leader2light
Explorer
Options
Please fix this Samsung!
Canoestheone
Student
Options

Thank you for the explanation. I hope Samsung are able to fix this as it will be a shame not to use  Daydream. 

aarod
First Poster
Options

Please help fix this!!!

S9OG
Apprentice
Options

This is shameful.

Leader2light
Explorer
Options

Please fix

Aererus
First Poster
Options
It would be great if this was fixed
Alligator95
First Poster
Options
Have the same issue on my S9. Samsung please fix it
Leader2light
Explorer
Options

Please Samsung, I don't want to throw in the trash my VR headset.  Such a waste.