Go to solution Solved

External mic will be used to record audio and keyboard issues

(Topic created on: 27-07-2020 11:27 PM)
DoniaHamdan
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

I'm having issue with the mic.

Every time I try to record something,  the following message appears: "External mic will be used to record audio" (you can see it in the picture attached below).

This happens all the time, even when an external mic isn't plugged in, making it impossible to pick up audio.

For example, when I try to send an audio on WhatsApp, whoever is receiving my audio says that they can't hear anything, because the phone records with an external mic that is actually not existent.

A temporary solution is to restart the phone (which is annoying to do all the time), because the situation goes back to normality just for some time. Afterwards, the issue presents itself again and again.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

I'm quite sure the phone hasn't always been like this. It seems like an update made it this way (or at least that's my guess).

In fact I'm having other issues as well, like:

-slow keyboard: basically when I type, it takes long for letters to appear on the screen;

-also concerning the keyboard: when I press shift or caps lock, sometimes on the keyboard some letters appear as uppercase and some don't. Whatever I type is correct, I mean that the keyboard shows the letters in a wrong fashion. It's like some letters freeze into an uppercase appearance and the rest don't.

The keyboard issues appeared after the keyboard update. However, I don't remember when the mic started acting this way.

I hope someone has helpful tips.

I thank you all in advance.

P.S. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9+.

20200728_000654.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DoniaHamdan
Apprentice
Options

Good morning,

the mic issue and letters being stuck in caps lock might have been a software issue. In fact, a few months after I've had this problem, I installed a software update (the automatic ones that your phone asks you to install) and that solved everything.

However, I still have a problem with seeing the shadow of the keyboard at all times, as if it is printed on the screen.

They told me that there are two options:

-software issue: a couple of days ago they gave me a solution to try (after I try it, I'll let you know how that goes); 

-hardware issue: the pixels in those places are "burnt"...and well, this has no solution. It happens with the smartphone aging, basically. Most people that saw my phone think this is the case.

Have a good day.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
GeorgePatC
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have been experiencing this too and it's extremely frustrating. Also using an S9+.

0 Likes
DoniaHamdan
Apprentice
Options

Hi, unfortunately, I haven't.

I think I'll go ask a Samsung service centre that is near my home, cause the mic issue is quite annoying.

I think the keyboard has got better after the last update, but I'll still ask about it.

I'll let you know what they tell me.

0 Likes
Ishan1
First Poster
Options

Sir, did you get the solution, and if yes what was the solutions as I am also suffering from the same problem.

0 Likes
Ishan1
First Poster
Options

Sir, did you get the solution, and if yes what was the solutions as I am also suffering from the same problem. Please

0 Likes
DoniaHamdan
Apprentice
Options

Hi, the mic issue seems to have solved itself.  I don't know how that happened, but I haven't actively done anything to solve it. Maybe, one of the many software updates got rid of the issue.

While, unfortunately, the keyboard thing is still there. It's like it's permanently printed in the background. My mum has an S9 Plus as well and she has the same keyboard issue but hers is a lot worse. In the past she had another phone from the Galaxy S line and this keyboard thing happened with that phone too.

I don't know what to think at this point...maybe with time these phone just do this and there's no way to solve it, apart from upgrading to a new phone...and by the way, I used to have a phone from the Note line before having an S9 Plus and it was so much better and easier to use too. I'm a bit sad this year (and maybe forever) we won't have other Notes. I wanted to upgrade to a Note, but now I can't.

Anyway, I'll try contacting Samsung's technical support and see if they have an answer. If the tell me anything useful, I promise I'll report back to you.

Have a good day.

0 Likes
Ishan1
First Poster
Options

You said you will be going to the service center did you? If yes, what was the solution to the problem?

0 Likes
Solution
DoniaHamdan
Apprentice
Options

Good morning,

the mic issue and letters being stuck in caps lock might have been a software issue. In fact, a few months after I've had this problem, I installed a software update (the automatic ones that your phone asks you to install) and that solved everything.

However, I still have a problem with seeing the shadow of the keyboard at all times, as if it is printed on the screen.

They told me that there are two options:

-software issue: a couple of days ago they gave me a solution to try (after I try it, I'll let you know how that goes); 

-hardware issue: the pixels in those places are "burnt"...and well, this has no solution. It happens with the smartphone aging, basically. Most people that saw my phone think this is the case.

Have a good day.

0 Likes
Ishan1
First Poster
Options

Hi,
But my problems haven't solved so I request you to tell me if there is any solution to this problem.
Thank You

0 Likes
Ella9
First Poster
Options

I unfortunately have the same issue with my Samsung A14 and its becoming stressful 

0 Likes