Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Wallet cover case not work after April 1st update on Ultra 24

(Topic created on: 25-04-2024 03:44 AM)
Piromaniak
Journeyman
Options

After software update on April first Walet Case is not working anymore how it is ment to be. It is not turn the screen of (I tested proximity sensor it is ok), and AOD is now on whole screen so in the little window on case you cant do nothing.

I suspected to my phone so I make factory resetet. I even set up all manualy without Smartswitch but no result.

Is this is a bug or Samsung gave up of this concept?

It would be a shame for new phone to lose this option. I sold my Ultra 23 to my collage and on Ultra 23 option stil works but on Ultra 24 after last update case is unnecessary.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
If the case is NOT working on another device, then by process of elimination, it strongly points to a faulty case. However, if the case is working on another device, then that would point to the phone.

You're only telling us now about the repairs you've had done? Did you not think to mention that initially?

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There are some already existing threads from some owners experiencing the same issue as you @Piromaniak 

Please try a forum search. 

One such thread is > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/smart-cover-not-working 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Piromaniak
Journeyman
Options

I already read the whole thread before I write the post. I try everything what is proposed in thread to solve the problem but nothing works. Before update it was perfect. After update my setings look like on screenshots below. I do not have option for smart cover. It does not exist even after factory reset.

P.S. I forget to say. I also do a safe mode test. Problem still exist. Is there any chanse that case is somhow do not work since phon is working (proximity sensor)?

Screenshot_20240425_174612_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240425_174504_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Sonora
Explorer
Options

I think I read a long time ago on the xda forum that it's good to restore the phone to the original theme before every upgrade, because personalized themes can produce some unexpected and strange bugs

Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Bit of a longshot, but this helped when i had this problem with my S23U. It's a bit long winded but bear with...

With the phone in its case and powered on, plug it into a working pc or laptop. Open and close the case. Power the phone off and back on. When fully booted, open and close the case again. Remove the case(appreciate you'll need to unplug the cable whilst you do this), connect the cable again. Power the phone off and on again. Put the cover back on the phone (again appreciate you'll need to unplug the cable to do this). Plug back into the pc, open and close the case. Hopefully this should wake up the smart cover and reinstate the menu setting.
Piromaniak
Journeyman
Options

Nop. Did not work. I have two ideas on my mind. One is that something is not ok wit update, and other on is that something is wrong with case or some sensor inside of it that detect case. 

For now I try factory reset, I tray @Robin999  sugestion, I tried something that I found on Youtube, but nothing works.

For Youtube I am putting the link so if somebody have same problem it maybe can help to someone else.

Reset Smart Wallet Case Ultra 23 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, it is possible there is a fault with the case. There's a chip in the back part that detects when the phone is inserted. That could have failed. You could try the case on another S24U to test it.
Piromaniak
Journeyman
Options

And if case is working on onother U24 then since my phone was on maintance because stupid U24 pen stacked in, and since I have insurance the guys in service decided to replace screen, pen, back of the phone, batery etc.

So in other words if case is working then service make a mess. They replaced perfictly good screen with anti gleare reflective protection. It is like glas protection with special glue that after putting a glass goes under UV light that glue make conecton with phone. And ***** replace that with new screen.

0 Likes
Solution
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
If the case is NOT working on another device, then by process of elimination, it strongly points to a faulty case. However, if the case is working on another device, then that would point to the phone.

You're only telling us now about the repairs you've had done? Did you not think to mention that initially?
Piromaniak
Journeyman
Options

My sincerest apologies for not mentioning repair. It was reparai in oficial Samsung service so I could not beleve that is posible that they make a mess. 

In next few days I will try case. Here in Serbia it is expencive phone so there is no so many people who poses it. If the case is ok then I will probably wit help of Samsung Serbia make a law suit against a service company since they ruened perfictly new phone.

Again sorry for thing that I did not say that phone was on maintance.

Also @Robin999  thanks for all advices you where big help in this isue.