Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Scan QR Codes From A Picture/Capture

(Topic created on: 07-07-2024 10:23 PM)
Proplayr1998
Journeyman
Options

I am unable to scan a QR code in a picture. I took a picture at my work with a QR code in it and was only able to access it later at home. When trying to do so it wouldn't register any QR code and therefore I was unable to follow the link to the website the QR code was going to send me to.

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sonora
Voyager
Options

Open picture with QR code in Google Photos.

View solution in context

Solution
Proplayr1998
Journeyman
Options

While attempting your solution I believe I found a way to access it. I had to use the extract text feature on the bottom right and it highlighted the QR code. After tapping it it provided the link. Thank you for your help!

1000001044.jpg

1000001045.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's probably an app for that. Check the Play store.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should have just pointed your camera at the qr and got the link there itself.

Scan qr code is in the notification drop down panel.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Proplayr1998
Journeyman
Options

I know how to scan QR codes. My post is referring to scanning them in pictures, with an explanation of why it hadn't been done conventionally. Thank you.

0 Likes
Proplayr1998
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, I'll check that out. I wish it was a default feature on the phone but if an app is required I may just have to download one.

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

How did you access it at home? Can you post that photo

There is inbuilt feature 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-scan-qr-code-on-your-galaxy-phone-or-tablet...

Solution
Sonora
Voyager
Options

Open picture with QR code in Google Photos.

Proplayr1998
Journeyman
Options

I was only able to access the picture at home, when I took the picture at work I had to immediately return to work. Since then I have lost the picture as I got a new phone, but I was able to find an exact match online, only it's for Wendy's. It was a link to Shoes for Crews for my work.

1000001041.jpg

Unfortunately I tried the Bixby vision on that picture as you suggested, but all it was able to provide were Pinterest posts that relate to the picture, not the actual link. I have seen on other pictures the "Go To Website" option but it didn't pop up for this picture. It may be that specific QR code is posing problems.

1000001042.jpg

1000001043.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Proplayr1998
Journeyman
Options

While attempting your solution I believe I found a way to access it. I had to use the extract text feature on the bottom right and it highlighted the QR code. After tapping it it provided the link. Thank you for your help!

1000001044.jpg

1000001045.jpg

0 Likes
Proplayr1998
Journeyman
Options

Had not tried Google Photos. That worked perfectly, thank you!

0 Likes