Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG Renew

(Topic created on: 19-04-2024 07:38 AM)
Foozi
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra with the Samsung Renew option... they valued my phone at 305 Euros (Galaxy Note 10+ 5G) which seemed like a good help to acquire the new device on January 17, 2024, so I requested the repurchase of the Note 10+.

Samsung has contracted the repurchase service to another company, "World Business - Mondo Affari," and it has been nothing but problems. Firstly, they did not send me the contract, which was necessary to be able to send them the phone. I started to think that they were not really interested in buying my old phone since I had already purchased the new device. After several calls where I had to wait a long time to be attended to, I managed to get them to send me the contract. I sent them the signed contract, and they sent me the shipping labels via DHL. The phone was sent on March 18 in perfect condition, packed with all its accessories, and with all data erased as they instructed, restoring it to factory settings.

On April 4, "World Business - Mondo Affari" wrote to me saying that the phone has a user lock and that they will return it via GLS... they also mentioned that even if I remove the lock, they will still return it to me, and I cannot send it back again... It seems like a scam to me. Surely, SAMSUNG has paid this company for the service they provided, but it has only brought me problems, wasted time, and as of the posting date, April 19, 2024, I still don't have my old phone since I don't have a tracking number to verify if they have sent it or not...

Samsung's renew service is a scam... at least they should change their provider.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you forget to take off user lock? It should have been part of the instructions 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Did you not factory reset your old device? It's pretty common practice to do so when trading in/selling older devices, not just for the new owners' benefit, but for your personal security as well.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Foozi  I am afraid you did not follow the instructions correctly, as mentioned removing the user Lock before forwarding is important and for your own benefit.  I am not sure sure that much can be done really and would likely be the same no matter the provider.  if you wish though could post in the Italian community https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/italiano/ct-p/it?page=1&tab=setting:samsung.featured_topics 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Foozi
Journeyman
Options

Yes I did the factory reset! 

0 Likes
Foozi
Journeyman
Options

Apparently should be part of the intructions... but no

0 Likes
Foozi
Journeyman
Options

Probably... I remember about a factory reset, but not much more.

However, I had to make a great effort to send my phone, including speaking with a Samsung representative (who couldn't assist in the process).

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra with the Samsung Renew option, and they valued my phone at 305 Euros (Galaxy Note 10+ 5G) on January 17, 2024.

After several attempts on my part to request instructions for shipping my old phone, "World Business - Mondo Affari" sent me the labels for shipment on March 17.

On March 18, I sent the phone in perfect condition, packed with all its accessories, and with all data erased as instructed, restoring it to factory settings.

On April 4, "World Business - Mondo Affari" informed me that the phone has a user lock and that they will return it via GLS. They also mentioned that even if I remove the lock, they will still return it to me, and I cannot send it back again. This situation seems like a scam to me. Surely, Samsung has paid this company for the service they provided, but it has only brought me problems and wasted time.

As of the posting date, April 21, 2024, I still don't have my old phone since I don't have a tracking number to verify if they have sent it or not.

Perhaps the renew option worked for you in the past, but it's not the case for me.

Why did you mention that I can post in Italian?

Best regards.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I mentioned that you could post in the italian community as users there will have experience with the company. Mondo Affairi is Italian ,we deal with MTR in uk. However sure process is the same and whilst there are some complaints regarding condition a number have no issues. It is always best to have photographic evidence.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes