Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why samsung wallet is not working in UK?

(Topic created on: 13-02-2024 09:29 PM)
Sarang_Nikh
Student
Options
I had purchased S23 Ultra from India and now I am in UK, But my samsung wallet is not working here. Also I am unable to add debit cards from Barclayes and HSBC banks (UK account) in samsung wallet. I had also created new samsung account email id with UK.
12 REPLIES 12
Hemanth321
Explorer
Options
I think you need to change the samsung account settings to the UK region

Then it will work, this basically happens when you first register account region india,so it will give more account preferences to that region.
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wrong, because the device was purchased in india, its therefore locked to that region. unfortunately this cannot be changed as ALL devices are region locked, thats the only bad thing about imported devices.
carguy143
Pathfinder
Options
Unofficially the region can be changed but it's a fair bit of work. Use Google Wallet, it may be easier to set up.
Sarang_Nikh
Student
Options
So it means Samsung wallet will not work in UK? 🤯
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, your device is locked to the indian region, therefore it will not work as expected in the UK.
0 Likes
Options
I agree the phone is region locked. So therefore if the phone was purchased in India. Samsung pass will not work in other countries but you may try Google wallet. I'm not sure this may work
Good luck with that. Samsung need to fix this problem
0 Likes
Options
I agree with you that this is a big issue that samsung should have thought about as we're ever you go these days they are signs saying cash free zones . Come on, samsung, let's get this issue sorted out
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
i get why they did it, but there should be an easy way to do it, even if it costs a little bit of money.
0 Likes
the_bart123
Pathfinder
Options
It should be advertised to warn people