Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update Reminder

(Topic created on: 04-03-2024 08:29 PM)
IRA3181
Explorer
Options
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I turn off the software update reminder?

It keeps asking me to install it every time I reboot or just randomly. 
Pops on my notification bar. Then again and again. It shows on the settings, I hit later and then again it shows up. 

It's rather annoying. It is my own dam decision whether I want to update my software yet or just not so how do I tell it to stop asking?! 

Thanks in advance!
14 REPLIES 14
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Updates are essential for maintaining your device and ensuring it is operating at optimal performance. They also contain important security updates which help keep your device safe from threats. Just install it and stop worrying.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't believe you can.

As @Robin999 has eloquently stated above, updates are essential to maintain the security and integrity of your device. If you don't install, things will likely start to go wrong.....

We'll await your post....... xxxx isn't working, why not?
IRA3181
Explorer
Options
Thank you so much for the reply. I will!
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
As Delboy once said...You know it makes sense.
IRA3181
Explorer
Options
First things first, people might have their own personal undebatable reasons to delay a software update. For example backing up some important stuff that cannot go through cloud or working or whatever.. Judging without knowing is never the key.
Second thing second, the only two times I have posted something where "this isn't working, why not?" it was both of them right after a software update lmfao. Hence the reason why I need to postpone it for now, cuz I can't risk any issue in the next two weeks travelling for work.
But yeah, thanks for the very helpful comment, I'll follow your precious suggestion.
0 Likes
IRA3181
Explorer
Options
Sure it does! 🙃
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
First things first, comments/replies are to your post. Based on what you said, garnered replies. We do not have crystal balls.

If you are choosing to delay, that is your choice, but in doing so you must appreciate that a) you'll keep getting notifications and b) the longer you delay, the more you put your device at risk. 🤞

Enjoy the travel 🫠
IRA3181
Explorer
Options
Thanks! I'll enjoy the notifications and the business trip and try to be more careful with not missing the reply button next time. Apologies for the trouble! Have an amazing day, or evening. 🙏
Robin999
Maestro
Options
If you do decide to update, don't forget to wipe the partition cache afterwards. It helps eliminate any gremlins.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/