Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pattern Lock... forgotten

(Topic created on: 21-02-2024 10:03 AM)
Members_43IsOdl
First Poster
Options

Hello 

I own Samsung S23 Ultra, and somehow i succeed to forget my pattern lock. I had finger lock, but probably because my phone was in my pocket went to finger lock... 
I have access to findmyphone, email, samsung account. etc but i cant find any way to unlock it.

Unfortunately i didnt had any backup lately so its important to unlock it.
Any ideas? Please help.... reset is not an option.

I have contact samsung and they want only only to hard reset it. 
I am looking for an option to eaither go back to my fingerprint or lower the time between the pattern tries...
I am now at 24h....
Its crazy nowdays that there is no option to reset the pattern.

Please help ...

Thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
When I got my S20U I have tried pattern and face recognition and I forgot the pattern and the phone was not recognising my face, also wasn't happy with finger tip recognition. I recall I managed to unlock the phone every time, I think when i failed to unlock my phone by the chosen way the phone gave me an alternative option but I can't remember what it did. But there's hope. I think it should let you use your password to unlock it as an alternative.

Also Samsung should be able to repair your phone remotely from the find my phone app.
0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
Its the only option unfortunately. You cannot change any settings once you've forgotten your pattern. The only way to use the phone again is to factory reset it meaning you will lose all your data. You should be good to retrive some info like contacts etc from google or samsung cloud. But if you havent backed up your photos and videos you might lose them unfortunately.
0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
I think the unlock option in Smart Things Find (which Find My Mobile is now incorporated into) was removed in December last year. There may be third party apps that claim to be able to remove the pattern lock but personally I wouldn't go near those.
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
When I've set up my phone I saw there is access from Samsung to the phone remotely if you need service.
Members_43IsOdl
First Poster
Options

If battery drains out will it cancel the pattern tries? Anyone knows?

0 Likes