Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes recycle bin

(Topic created on: 28-05-2023 01:09 PM)
Jayson182
Student
Options

Why can't I turn off the recycling bin on my S23 Ultra? My S21+ had the option in the settings to turn it off. I use the app a lot and am in and out making and deleting notes most days, and don't want them piling up. I've checked all menus in the side menu, and it's not there?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AaronAJ
Options

@Jayson182 The Recycle bin has now been integrated into all of our apps now. This option cannot be disabled, this helps you restore any deleted files in case it was deleted by mistake. You will need to head to the Recycle bin and delete them from here to permantely delete them. 

View solution in context

Solution
Jayson182
Student
Options

Thanks for the quick answer. However awful the design flaw is.... You can turn it off in nearly all Samsung apps (Gallery, Storage, Calendar), but not notes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
AaronAJ
Options

@Jayson182 The Recycle bin has now been integrated into all of our apps now. This option cannot be disabled, this helps you restore any deleted files in case it was deleted by mistake. You will need to head to the Recycle bin and delete them from here to permantely delete them. 

Solution
Jayson182
Student
Options

Thanks for the quick answer. However awful the design flaw is.... You can turn it off in nearly all Samsung apps (Gallery, Storage, Calendar), but not notes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Jayson We appreciate your feedback and we will make sure we pass this on!

0 Likes
Ratheesh
First Poster
Options

Turn off recycle bin is no longer available after the new release

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-S911B/INS/doc.html

Mike10101
First Poster
Options

Why did Samsung do that?!? Worst possible change you can make and requires much more manual cleanup. This is not efficient and makes 0 sense given the multiple backup options users have to save their data. Most users dont want to delete items then have to delete them a second time. This change was the dumbest idea ever...smh...If youre going to integrate feature like that then you should provide an option to turn the trash been off and not force the users to use it who dont want to. Previously each app had its own unique trash bin allowing us as users to choose which apps we want to enable or disable the trash bin. This is what frustrates us as users the most is when you remove functionality with new integrated features, at least carry the options forward with the new features...

(1)