Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 video quality question

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 02:33 PM)
NiKRuLeZ
Navigator
Options

Hi all!

I'm going to be upgrading to the S23 soon from the S21 - but one of the things I've had to suffer from is the dire quality of the S21's video camera when super steady is turned on and the average quality when it's turned off. Relative to the iPhones ... the video quality on those just seem so clean and high res whereas the S21's was very grainy and not as sharp!

I know it's super early days but don't suppose anyones got any reviews/comments on the video quality of the S23 stabilisation and just the general quality of the video? I really hope it's as good as the iPhones video quality in terms of clean recording/high resolution and amazing stabilisation. 

TIA!

Nik

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
There's several comparison reviews out comparing the S23 and IPhone 14. From what I can tell, they are very close in both camera and video.

https://youtu.be/5taLWTdrTN8

Is one source I've seen.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Well...2 things I've learnt (but yet to try myself yet) is that the Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) has double the room to move which gives greater stability, additionally the digital Super Steady now has been increased from 1080 to at least 2k (maybe someone can correct/confirm)
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That is correct. Stabilisation has seen a huge improvement on the S23 line.
0 Likes
NiKRuLeZ
Navigator
Options

So I've just tested out the ultra wide camera (0.6 zoom) on the samsung galaxy s23 ... safe to say the video quality is as dire as the S21. Still looks really fuzzy and sharpness is bad. As soon as you switch over to the 1x zoom the quality gets so much cleaner and the video looks flawless and crisp sharp.

Anyone else noticed this?

I'm so envious of all the iphone uses that get clean sharp video images on the ultrawide mode with amazing stabilisation!

Anyone else care to share their views on the 0.6 ultrawide video quality on the S23?

Cheers!

0 Likes