Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra S Pen Rubber Burned

(Topic created on: 23-03-2023 11:28 PM)
Jeff619
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I have not been using my S Pen on my S23 Ultra but the other day I Open it and there a Burned Rubber around it which I believe comes from the material and cause of the heat battery inside of the phone.Anyone having issue with there S Pen?
18 REPLIES 18
Jeff619
Journeyman
Options
Burned from the S Pen from inside the not phone not accidental damage20230323_013937_1000005917_1679535581.jpg20230323_013956_1000005918_1679535600.jpg20230323_013854_1000005916_1679535538.jpg
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In all the years I've had Galaxy Note phones and now Galaxy S devices.
Ive not seen that.
I suspect that that is a manufacturing defect by the looks of it, when the plastic was moulded.
Best thing is to contact the retailer you got the phone from.
Definitely get it checked out.
Alternatively contact Samsung Customer Support from the phone number in the support section on the Samsung Members App
Hopefully you get it sorted out quickly
Jeff619
Journeyman
Options
It's surprising didn't expect the burned althought the S Pen working fine.I already made contact with samsung hoping for replacement,thanks
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, as (Glenntech) said, I've never seen anything like that in all my years also (crazy) I'd assume Samsung would want you to send in the s-pen & your device together, as there would be some particuls/debris left in the s-pen slot, and also to investigate whether its a faulty unit.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have seen a similar post on reddit. Someone applied a screen protector that uses uv glue. You haven't applied a screen protector at all, and somehow the glue has run into where the s pen is. It's what happened to this person on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS23Ultra/comments/11ro2en/glass_protector_uv_glue_got_my_spen_stuck_a...
0 Likes
Jeff619
Journeyman
Options
I did apply Screen Protector to Screen and have to put some glue and cover the bottom of S-Pen along with the Speaker.After reading someone else experience now I realise it could be that as I might not cover it enough.I did follow the instruction on the installation and I guess i should take more extra pre causion.I just hope it only affect the S Pen as its easy to replace and not inside of the device
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @Jeff619. We take issues like this very seriously. 

If you're based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

What are these screen protectors that use liquid glue? There was another thread where it seemed like someone had glued the S Pen into its socket and couldn't get it out. I didn't know such a thing existed, the only ones I've ever used are either the tempered glass ones or the peel and stick kind. Sounds like the liquid thing is risky.

0 Likes
Jeff619
Journeyman
Options
It's a Tempered Glass Sell on Amazon,I cover the S Pen along with the Speaker using stickers from the installation video but i guess the product is not been tested properly.Amazon product linked below
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZVELSIEM-Samsung-Galaxy-S23-Ultra/dp/B0BNPJR8R2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=255OR58...
0 Likes