Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Questions - UK only

(Topic created on: 04-06-2023 06:18 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Which Ram version do you guys have?
 8GB or 12 GB 
 Those with 8 GB do feel it's enough or lacking?

2. Those moved from the S21 ultra or S22 ultra. Was it worth it? 
 How is the camera shutter lag with or without camera assistant?

3. Are you looking forward to the S24 Ultra?
 Have Samsung Trade ins been easy to do?

Please reply if you are in the UK only.

PS: Samsung seems to be doing some great deals on the S23 Ultra ATM with £200 discount + 200 cash back and £150 trade-in for any phone .
Also 10% discount if you workplace has the EPP.
Not sure if it all stack up. If it does it seems are great incentive if people wanna switch.

18 REPLIES 18
Saggyhaggis
First Poster
Options
I have a green 8GB model and it's buttery smooth. 12gb to me seems like overkill for a phone.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you for your input.

Also would appreciate how you find gaming and video or photography ?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have 8GB. Phone is definitely an improvement on S21U especially battery life.
I don't use phones for photography or games.
Not excited about the S24 particularly, I don't feel the need to have the latest thing.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have the 512GB 12GB. Upgraded from s21 ultra 512GB 16GB Ram. The s21 ultra for me was great and certainly no slouch. With the s23 with only 12GB, I don't see any difference from the 16Gb. For me the upgrade was worth it. I loved the display on the s21 ultra, I love the s23 ultra more. Gets dimmer and also brighter. Using the s21 ultra in low brightness in dark environments. I use to see flickering while scrolling. S23 ultra doesn't do this. So the display to me is an improvement. Battery was great on my s21 ultra, s23 ultra is even better. Both designs I like, feel very similar in weight. It's a great phone, runs smooth and haven't had any issues. Camera is great, I do have pets and kids, shutter lag hasn't been an issue for me, and that's without camera assistant. Had a couple of moving objects blurred. Overall most photos turn out great. I don't game on my phone, so can't say anything on how games run. From what I've read on reddit, I dont think there is any issues with gaming.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How much average SOT are we talking ?
My S21 ultra gives me average 5 hours SOT which translates to around a day of normal usage for me.
If at work come home with 70% left and then just drain it to around 30-20% playing COD mobile.

FHD 120htz adaptive and light mode. 5g and Bluetooth.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you for the detailed input.
Agree that Samsung did not take advantage of the 16gb ram in the S21 ultra which is a shame.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This just now.Screenshot_20230604_184704_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
I have 12GB Ram and 256GROM on my S22ultra iv'e never took to much notice when taking photos, the only problem I incounted was the time when the photos were grainy but Samsung issued a fix to the camera and it's much improved now. I won't be taking up on any offers my phone is a contact phone with O2 and so I will see once it ends. I certainly won't buy direct from Samsung site after hearing all the bad reviews i read. So it's NAR comment like the mods send you🤣😂
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I wouldn't say it was an overkill. They just didn't make use of it in an efficient manner

Rumours seem to point to a 16gb S24 ultra so will see.

Then again with fast storage ram is becoming almost irrelevant.