Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra macro woes

(Topic created on: 02-03-2023 02:40 PM)
kobresia
Pioneer
Options
I used an iPhone 14 Pro max for 2 weeks while waiting for this s23 ultra to release and the macro camera on that iPhone is phenomenal. You can literally touch the lenswith something and it will stay in focus. I created some spectacular super-close ups using it, very easily. 
This s23 ultra however, is very disappointing. For everything except macro it's very very good but super-macro shots are far from it
The lenses will change on their own just as you get focused on the subject, which is very annoying. 
I need to hold the camera quite far away from the subject and use the optical zoom to get a closer shot which doesn't work very well. 
Why is it so hard to get this right?
I love samsung phones and if the camera was a good a the iPhone camera, it would be the ultimate perfect phone. But it isn't. 
Please try to fix the macro so it's better and more user friendly. 
51 REPLIES 51
Charmie
Apprentice
Options

The Samsung S10 was far better in terms of macro. 

0 Likes
Matthew27
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. If i select an item on the screen to focus, it only holds it for about a second and then adjusts contrast and focus immediately, and everything is blurry. 

Ive tested all other brands and this is a sumsung issue. Their camera technology really does seem subpar to the others. Drives me crazy 

0 Likes