Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Issue

(Topic created on: 03-12-2023 11:10 AM)
Folletti
Apprentice
Options
Hi all,

Bought an S23 Ultra direct from Sammy and am wondering if they've sold me a duff.... absolutely cannot get any cards to complete contactless in Google Pay. Having done some googling I've done absolutely everything advised to do but nothing has worked. While trying to fix this I noticed Play Services is apparently up to date but is on July 2023. Again, none of the advice dotted around online has got this to update to a later version. My old phone, an Honor Magic 5 Lite has a November play services and no issues with GPay. 

So any advice from the hive mind here? Is the phone going back for a replacement?
12 REPLIES 12
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Which country did you buy it from?

Also are you cards supported on Google pay?
There is also Samsung pay which you can check for which cards are supported.

You should be on the October updated for play services and November for Samsung one.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
Folletti
Apprentice
Options
Bought in the UK. Cards are supported as used them on my previous phone. Contacted bank in case it was a security thing and they confirmed that the issue was not at their end and my cards are all good to go.

Cannot get play services to budge from July, phone is adamant that it is up to date.
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
I can't even open Google wallet on my galaxy s23 ultra don't know why Google play system still stuck on July?
0 Likes
stephkane00
Navigator
Options
I'm stuck on July as well but google wallet is working fine
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Don't know why mine is not opening /working 1701609945693.jpg
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
I would advise uninstalling Google Wallet and then using ApkMirror to install an APK version of this (the current is December 2023).
0 Likes
Folletti
Apprentice
Options
Will give this a try.

Now to work out what's going on with Play Services.
0 Likes
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Hello. Have you tried to do a diagnostic test on your phone? If you don't know, you can do this in the Samsung Members App. Go to Support on the bottom menu bar, and then at the top is Phone Diagnostics. Does the NFC test successfully?
Also, as GoanGeek mentions, Samsung Wallet (formerly Samsung Pay) should allow you to make payments with your phone. Personally, I think it is fine, although I do prefer Google Wallet. Even if you didn't want to use it long term, it would at least indicate if the issue is more related to Google Wallet or something else.
0 Likes
Folletti
Apprentice
Options
Just ran the diagnostics, everything is all good. Afterwards though Google decided I hadn't finished setting my phone up so went through some stuff, including setting up wallet, but bah, still not having it. I can add cards (2 debit, 1 credit) but it won't complete contactless on any of them (as stated earlier, all work on my Honor Magic5 Lite). Can use Samsung Wallet as my bank only accepts Google Pay.
0 Likes