Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 One UI 6 home wifi stuck in loop after being outside using LTE

(Topic created on: 30-11-2023 01:42 PM)
Tommy2Times
Explorer
Options
Updated to OneUI6 the a day ago and since then whenever i go out of the house and use LTE coming back my phone will not connect to WIFI. Contstant loop "Checking quality of internet connection" That part. Then it either stays on 4G of if i've turned 4g off (Which i always do when somewhere like work or home with solid wifi) it gives up. Had 0 issues before updating to OneUi6. Seems like there may be others having the same thing. The only thing that kicks it to work is removing the wifi network and reconnecting afresh, but as soon as i use 4G.... it goes back into connect loop. Restarting the phone has the same results.

Edit1: Tried clearing Cache Partition, upon restarting the device once it had finished wifi would not connect... Unlike when i would restart before.

Edit2: Should of mentioned I had restarted my router when first noticing the issue. I have tried changing DNS, using static IP settings, turned Safe WiFi Mode On/off. Turning off and on Google location accuracy. 

Deeply regret updating.

24 REPLIES 24
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Any wifi connection or just your home one? If latter did maybe restart the router 

Tommy2Times
Explorer
Options
Annoyingly only had access my own router but did restart this when I first noticed it as assumed that was the case. As I say only variable in my current setup is upgrading to one UI 6. Could be a massive coincidence if it turns out to be something else. Thanks for replying
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Router with Wifi 6 ?  leave safe wifi mode off as well as non persistent mac option

can you try to connect to any other wifi connection?

0 Likes
Tommy2Times
Explorer
Options

No wifi 6, non persistent mac option was already off so ive left that be. I've turned off Wifi Safe Mode which doesn't seem to change the results, but i did manage to hotspot my partners phone and that seems to connect fine if i follow the same paramenters of turning off wifi, letting 4g to connect then turning on wifi, followed by turning off 4g. It loops to my main wifi tries to connect then gives up and instead connects to the hotspot.

So its either the router it now doesn't like, the DNS (local Pihole) but i've already tried it on my routers default and tried 1.1.1.1 which doesn't help. Static IP vs DHCP doesn't change the results.

I'll give my router another restart but no other devices are showing issues. My partners phone is a note 20 ultra on Android 13, OneUI 5.1 and has none of these symptoms

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes, you need to look further into your router setup with pi-hole 

0 Likes
Tommy2Times
Explorer
Options

Router restarted, no change wifi stays disconnected and when selecting it from the of available networks does the same "checking quality.." then stops and just stays disconnected. PiHole is on a device my device basis and i've tried different DNS settings locally on my S23 which still don't work.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Enable connectivity labs and see if helps with further troubleshooting 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/connectivity-labs-home-wi-fi-inspection/td-....

If you decouple pi-hole does it allow you to connect? 

Tommy2Times
Explorer
Options

Oh i didn't know this existed, this looks like it could be helpful.

Cutting out pi-hole changes nothing, the connection loop remains the same. I've compared my wifi/developer settings to my partners and everything is the same. I've checked IP addresses to make sure there are no conflicts anywhere on my network as that was possible but no thats all fine. I'll have a go at the connectivity labs tonight and see what i get. Thanks!

0 Likes
Tommy2Times
Explorer
Options

Right, i'm definitely inclined to think its OneUi6 introduced gremlins. I got frustrated and started tapping on my WIFI SSID in the list of available networks where it just sits when it gives up trying to connect and it connected.. So i disabled wifi, turned on 4g, turned off 4g, turned back on wifi, again connection loop, decided to mash the SSID again... after a second it connected. Done this a few times in a row now and it works. So thats fun and odd. The Labs is really cool feature and couldn't see anything of a red flag in there, signal test shows no weak signal where i am or elsewhere in the house. Its almost like it gives up immediately but frantically tapping my networks SSID seems to get it to connect within 5 seconds of mashing the screen... DEFINITELY NOT the solution but make of that what you will. Must be software gremlins. I even tried the "Restart WIFI Substem" option and that just caused the wifi connection loop as if i turned it off in the quick access menu anyways. If rolling back to 5.1 was easier i'd do it in a heartbeat. All i can hope is this gets fixed in the next update and that update is soon, if not then i'm sure i'll reach a point where the annoyance of this issue outweighs the faff of rolling back to 5.1

0 Likes