Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 - My initial thoughts and opinions

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 01:41 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Hi guys,

So I received my s23(base model) today and I thought I'd share my opinions on it.
Now I already have the s22 so will mainly compare against that,and let's be honest if you already own the s22 there is no real reason to upgrade to the s23(unless like me you are obsessed with new phones 😅).

So here's what I've noticed in the short time I've had it:

. battery is definitely an improvement.
i have fully charged and will let it run down to see exactly how much it has improved and obviously it's still learning usage pattern,but already I can notice a difference in battery performance.

. Snapdragon chip seems very good.
now with the s22 we had the exynos chip(UK),and although I didn't have an real issues with that the new Snapdragon chip does seem a bit snappier and power efficient.

. camera is great as expected.
Now I'm not an expert with photography/cameras but the quality is good and shutter speed isn't bad at all.
Video is also of good quality.

. design is very nice and compact.
I wasn't sure if I'd like it as much as my s22 with the camera bump,I really do love the look of my s22.but to be honest now I've got the s23 it really is a beautiful design 😍.

So these are my early thoughts,thanks for reading 😊

10 REPLIES 10
pepsikennedy
Troubleshooter
Options
Just received mine today, also base model. I have got the green colour. Looks nice. One of the reasons I purchased the S23 was the Snapdragon chip. The exynos chip was terrible in the S22. Glad they ditched it. So far so good. Just waiting for February patch to be released. 👍
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Awesome 😊.I was looking at the green but went for phantom black,I loved the green on the s22 but on the s23 I wasn't to sure. personally I've never had any real issues with exynos in either my s21 ultra or s22.
0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Mike arrived yesterday, I got 3 hours of SoT over 24 hours, which need a mid afternoon charge up on the S22 lol battery life will get even better and I agree, it's far more snappier and faster, and also cooler than the S22 Exynos, like 2 generation leap.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Oh wow ok 😅.
I get 5-6hrs sot with full days use on my s22,that's mainly social media, YouTube, web browsing, calls and texts etc.
0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
I use my phone as a phone, so open it, check message, reply to message and then close phone. Also make loads of calls. The only time the screen is on is when I'm on a video call, which is usually a hour long. The SoT is a bad metric, as long as the phone lasts me a day I'm happy. Also, the times when my nephews have used it to watch YouTube it has lasted over 4 hours
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah it does depend on what you're doing on your phone and what optimizations you've done.
Looking at the geekbench scores the s23 does look impressive I will say 👀😊Screenshot_20230209_153757_Geekbench 5.jpg
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Yeah, I did mine today! So awesome! Shocked at how fast it is, I think this maybe the phone after the p3 and p5 that I keep fpe a few years.
2nd day using the S22, battery on 61% and screen on time of 2hrs5min, it's been on since 6am this morning so nearing 12 Hours, not even moved it to light mode yet lol
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
It looks more like camo/army green to me.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@tinglish  Early days but looks like the S23  is meeting all expectations and giving you a better experience.  Geekbench scores though not always totally reliable.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes