Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI update sucks

(Topic created on: 15-12-2023 02:42 AM)
President of Earth
First Poster
Options

I dread every Samsung update, knowing it's going to break my phone in new ways, and this one was no exception. I can't get notifications to show anymore, apps I use for work crashing repeatedly, the Samsung themes I've paid for don't work anymore. I end up rotating my screen every time I try to turn on my flashlight now. And the emotes are *hideous* now, I'm so glad I have custom emotes in discord to use instead. 

I'm looking at a Pixel for next upgrade because I'm tired of every Samsung upgrade in fact being a downgrade.

1000169529.png

1000169738.png

16 REPLIES 16
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In all honesty @President of Earth I've not experienced the issues you are right now with the updates. 

Have you tried out the known generic troubleshooting steps such as  >

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Merlins23ultra
Navigator
Options
Totally agree with all above 👍👍
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
You can turn 'show content' of notifications on or off in settings. As mentioned above, it's always worth wiping the cache after a major software update. Also using Samsung's Good Guardians app to run the app booster feature.
0 Likes
javascript
Pioneer
Options
Just stop downloading samsung updates untill thay are fixed!
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
I hear what you're saying, OP. Samsung updates are important for critical security patches, but at the same time issues then arise to annoy you. My phone finally feels more snappy again after a number of reboots and a partition cache clearance. There are still micro stutters here and there, the Home Up app functions are not fully supported as before, and I'm noticing charging issues. So the One UI 6 update hasn't been a bed of roses for me and a lot of others.

However, I would think twice about jumping ship to a Pixel. They may be great phones too, but they also have their fair share of their own issues too.
0 Likes
susansa
First Poster
Options
What a terrible update ruined my weather, ruined my icons for the torch and mute and , I'm not tech savvy and love my Samsung phone but I'm not happy
Terrance Barksdale
First Poster
Options

Man this is why my apps are crashing?....I can no longer get into my bank app and other apps. I use my screenview for casting a lot and now I have to go into setting instead of it being on my dropdown. This upgrade really messed up my perfectly working zfold4

0 Likes
Members_iNhg4MB
Apprentice
Options

Aren't there ebough Samsung controled apps already?

Why was necessary, for example, to "show details" on wirelesss in settings. Samsung has gone from 2 to 5 steps to get to actuall settings, for no reason at all.

0 Likes
Kieran77777
First Poster
Options
My A14 is glitching
0 Likes