Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification vibration not strong on phone

(Topic created on: 29-06-2023 10:06 AM)
DrStrange616
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I updated my phone a few days ago on 26 June. Following the update my phone vibrates not as strong as before. I checked my vibration settings and the vibration is turned to the max. I've checked several places online but couldn't see any fixes for it. Is there anything else I can do and is there a way to rollback the update?
I'm using S23 Ultra. UI 5.1
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@DrStrange616: It won't be possible for you to revert to a previous software version following an update, I'm afraid. For clarity, is the vibration issue present in all instances e.g. notifications, incoming calls, touch interactions? Have you tried heading to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Call vibration pattern/Notification vibration pattern, and changing to an alternative option to see if you notice an improvement? Furthermore, is 'Vibration intensity' (for touch interactions) set as high as it can go, with the slider all the way to the right? 

If the issue persists, try heading to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Vibration, and follow the on-screen prompts. Does the phone vibrate as normal for Calls and Notifications? 

DrStrange616
Apprentice
Options
Hi, the vibration intensity was turned up to the max on all of them
I ran the diagnostics but it still appears to be weak. I compared it to my work colleague's S22 and that one seems powerful in comparison to mine
Ran a diagnostics and it still appears to weak
AndrewL
Options

@DrStrange616: Can you try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until your S23 Ultra restarts. This will perform a Soft Reset, refreshing the software, and will address any temporary performance issues that might be affecting your device. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Following the reset, run the Vibration diagnostics again, or check your settings, and let me know if you notice an improvement. 

DrStrange616
Apprentice
Options
It didn't work. I pressed the volume down and power button and it turned off. A few moments later it turned on again.
I ran the diagnostics after and it appears to have no difference
Thanks for your help on this. It's much appreciated
TK62
First Poster
Options

The Samsung S24 Plus has the same problem.

0 Likes
P298
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue. This helped: https://youtu.be/663wK3cPdYQ

0 Likes