Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received One UI 6.0 in my US variant S23 Ultra.

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Codelava
Journeyman
Options

Not received One Ui 6.0 in my S23 ultra in Nigeria. It's the US variant, but I got it brand new. I already received this update in my S21 ultra since January, but my S23 ultra isn't getting this update and it's April 8th, 2024. Have tried smart switch, but still nothing yet. 

It's still stock in September  1st security patch. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Not likely it will be updated, all considering. With Odin, possibly 

Codelava
Journeyman
Options

@Tourbillon De La Vie wrote:

Not likely it will be updated, all considering. With Odin, possibly 

My S21 ultra was US variant too. I ship from the US since I find it's more expensive in my country.

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
That's the problem, you shipped it from the States to a different region Nigeria any updates would have to be released from the states. This is the risk of obtaining a device from a different country you are based in.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You could try using your device behind a VPN linked to the US to see if that will allow the update but other than that, as your device is "out of region" you may be struggling here.

I know you said the S21 device was from the US but security is being upgraded all the time.
0 Likes
No-Talker
First Poster
Options
Maybe your phone is fake
0 Likes
Codelava
Journeyman
Options

I've been using Samsung phones since S9, you think I wouldn't know if I got a fake S23 ultra? Not experienced this issue before until S23 ultra. 

Knox security won't work, Smart switch wouldn't detect it if it was a fake and my Samsung account and data wouldn't move to the new device from the old one.

0 Likes
Codelava
Journeyman
Options

Tried that already,but it didn't work. Tried changing my CSC from OYN_XAA to something else using SAMFR and it didn't work either.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
General rule of thumb (I believe but would happily be corrected) is that a device needs to be connected in the Region it is designed for and a couple of calls made. After that it should update wherever you are.
0 Likes