Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Logo appeared?

(Topic created on: 28-04-2023 12:29 PM)
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

I've been using an S23 Ultra since release and various Ultras before that. Up till today I'd been using an eSIM but have swapped to a physical SIM which seems to have triggered the NFC logo to appear on my phone?

Is that right? Does everyone else have the NFC logo when using a physical SIM but not when using an eSIM?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can turn that off quite simply by swiping down from the top
Scroll through the options till you see the NFC option.
Tap on it and should dissappear
Unless you need it on. You may as well turn it off to help with battery life.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SteveyJ: Inserting a physical SIM into your phone shouldn't trigger NFC. For clarity, is the NFC logo visible in your Status Bar at the top of the screen? If you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, is the NFC shortcut highlighted, and can you tap on it so it greys out? Can you also try heading to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager, and de-register your eSIM from here to see if this makes a difference? Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

Yes, it's in the status bar. 

For clarity I've had NFC enabled on this device and previous devices without the icon showing.

Today I have swapped from an eSIM to a physical SIM and deleted the eSIM from SiM manager. Now I have the NFC logo showing. I can make it go away by turning off NFC but that isn't really an option.

I did noticed that popping the SIM tray out and putting it back in caused it to disappear but rebooting my phone caused it to come back. 

0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

I've just noticed that if I turn off NFC it doesn't impact Samsung Pay etc so now I'm not sure if it's ever been 'on' in the past. I would have assumed that it being on was prerequisite for mobile payments?

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
NFC logo means you have it enabled to make payments with your phone. Without that on you'll won't be able to make payments and online scanning payments with your phone.
0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

With it turned off in settings it looks like payments still works. I can bring Samsung Pay up, do biometrics to instigate the payment, and the N logo appears. it disappears again when I close Samsung Pay.  I haven't tried to actually make the payment but Samsung Pay definitely seems to switch NFC on ad-hoc.

0 Likes