Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make your Ultra seem quicker

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 10:03 PM)
KP_76
Voyager
Options
Ok, like a few here, I have experienced some frustration with the quality of the animations since the One UI 6 update. I used to use Nova Launcher but as the animations have been broken since the update.I thought I'd switch to the native One UI Launcher. Unfortunately, the animations have been a bit hit and miss on this too, with some lag and stutter as well on the odd occasion. 

Fortunately, I've managed to find a very simple workaround to make my phone feel much more satisfactory. That is by going into Developer Options and setting the 'Animator duration scale' to 0.5. Then a simple restart of the phone and that's it. 

Although this may not be the best solution for a some (as the animations on opening and closing apps, plus entering the home screen screen from lock screen, will be much faster), it certainly will give you an option to make your phone feel faster.

I hope this helps some of you, it's certainly helping me. 
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how your experiencing how your phone operates @KP_76  👍

Changing these scales in the Developer option once Developer option has been activated is a known tool that makes the phone appear snappier. 

Activating the Developer Option is achieved bumy going into the phone's Settknhs and then About phone, Software Information and tapping 7 times on Build Number. 

Samsung Link > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-... 

Personally I prefer the smoothness of the animation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

KP_76
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the Developer Options guide. I wasn't too sure if I was able to post that particular section here, but glad it's fine to 😊
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Since the S6 range, i turn the animation to scale 0.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
GC74
Navigator
Options
Started doing this donkeys years ago.
KP_76
Voyager
Options
Yeah me too. But there are quite a few who don't do this, it will really help them if they are experiencing the same as me.
0 Likes