Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to Remotely Zoom In and Out while recording a video on my Samsung Ultra23?

(Topic created on: 09-09-2023 11:30 AM)
AkaShowboat
First Poster
Options

I shoot my daughter's competition cheer team.  I have my phone on a tripod and capture the full team for reviewing the footage later. 

I have to Zoom In and Out several times during the routine to attempt to keep the full team in the frame. THis means pinching in and out.

I was hoping someone knows a way that I can use a remote to do this without touching the screen.   Maybe a Bluetooth remote, maybe a wearable watch, maybe new SPen feature?  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'll go first.  You can use the S Pen and depress the side button on the S Pen while making gestures.

It's a bit tedious to find -  Settings / Advanced features / S Pen / Air actions ... and scroll down to Camera.

I tried it using the Video camera and while I could change the zoom feature, I couldn't get it to perform as you probably wanted it do  .... though this is on the right track me thinks.  

I hope this helped a little.

Screenshot_20230909_125738_Air command.jpg

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
AkaShowboat
First Poster
Options

Thanks Dave.  Awesome advise as I learned some things.  Unfortunately, this doesn't help with the ZOOM IN and OUT FEATURE.  

I have found several bluetooth hand held remotes that will snap pictures and even control a power point from your phone, but none control the ZOOM IN or OUT feature.  weird.  

0 Likes
MontyS23U
Pathfinder
Options

Set it up as described here and don't forget to hold the power button during the gesture. It works for me without a problem.

0 Likes