Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding notification content.

(Topic created on: 21-02-2023 08:26 PM)
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
Does anyone know how to hide notification content on the home screen?

I can hide it on the lock screen and despite all settings matching my old S22 Ultra exactly (where the content is hidden) I cannot get the S23 Ultra to do the same. 

On my S22 (using WhatsApp as an example), I get a popup notification and it simply shows "WhatsApp", the content is also hidden in the notification bar. However I can't get the same to happen on the S23, no matter how I adjust the settings. 

Has anyone managed to do so? 

16 REPLIES 16
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Lol either that or we are both losing it.
0 Likes
Shamaoun
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue. S23 Ultra. Did you find a fix

0 Likes
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately not, it's like the ability has either been removed or simply doesn't work now..
0 Likes
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
Actually.. Yes..
I have a fix now.. Wasn't found by me, but by a member who kindly messaged me. I'll find the details.
0 Likes
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
Go to
Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb > Hide notifications

I take zero credit for this solution as it was sent to me! But, it works!!
0 Likes
rokok8
First Poster
Options
Hi, am having the same issue. I want it to show the notification but hide content (for privacy and safety). It would be useful if samsung added this in thier updates. It's annoying I just got the phone less than 2 weeks ago. And it uses yt music.🙄🤦‍♀️
0 Likes
ThienDu
First Poster
Options

I used Z Flip 5 and it doesnt work... it stills show my notification with name of sender..... I just wanna show the notification, not a name and content as well..

0 Likes