Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding notification content.

(Topic created on: 21-02-2023 08:26 PM)
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
Does anyone know how to hide notification content on the home screen?

I can hide it on the lock screen and despite all settings matching my old S22 Ultra exactly (where the content is hidden) I cannot get the S23 Ultra to do the same. 

On my S22 (using WhatsApp as an example), I get a popup notification and it simply shows "WhatsApp", the content is also hidden in the notification bar. However I can't get the same to happen on the S23, no matter how I adjust the settings. 

Has anyone managed to do so? 

16 REPLIES 16
keith30
Maestro
Options
Beats me why you want to hide everything. The only answer is not to have your notications switched on or better still not your phone on!
0 Likes
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
I didn't say I wanted to hide everything. I don't however need all notification content in my face all the time.

It's clearly not the only answer either since I have clearly achieved it on the S22.

The point here is it should be possible. 2 different model phones running the same One UI shouldnt be so different..

Thanks though.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
A bit harsh? Lots of reasons why he may not want his private messages to display in notifications. It's his device and his privacy.
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried going to lock screen settings and doing setting it to hide content on the lock screen? You can also go to the individual notification settings to select what can be shown.

Settings>Notifications >lock screen notifications.

Check also Settings >Notifications >App Notifications
Check the app you want and select to hide content.
Try this if you haven't yet.
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
I did, to no avail.
Even setting both handsets side by side and replicating every setting (notifications, lock screen, invidual app notification settings) to being exactly the same it just never changes...
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Hmm... I'm not sure what else there is. I will try on my device to see if it is any different and I will report back.
0 Likes
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
I don't suppose you had any luck with this?
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Oh I've tried, and it's hidden when the phone is locked but not while it's unlocked. I forgot to come back and post.
0 Likes
SFGuy79
Journeyman
Options
Nice to know I'm not going mad.. 😂. Thanks for taking a look
0 Likes