Hey everyone does your play services use battery
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Most functions and features will use a % of the battery @sarasphotobox 

Some more than others.

In some features and apps preferences can be set as well as sleep and deep sleep.

Battery and Device Care Section under Battery will help to highlight what's using what.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Well I have put apps to sleep but playcservices doesn't allow u
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
This is the issueSmartSelect_20230514_133346_Device care_1000000649_1684067627.jpg
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
High battery usage in Google play services is mostly down to, auto sync, location. Even auto updates in the Google play store turned on. It's all running in the background.
https://www.guidingtech.com/top-ways-to-fix-google-play-services-draining-battery-on-android/
Link to a few fixes you can do to help with it. If it's draining battery significantly.
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
That's what I done now1684070505501_1684070505492_0.jpg
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I have turned location off every app but still increasing the %
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
To be honest, when I had auto updates turned on. Uppon checking they never actually updated over WiFi. Just had many apps to update all at the same time. Now with it turned off, I get notifications when there is an app needed updated. So now I don't have so many needing updated. Just a few every now and then when I get notified. Done the same with galaxy store, turned auto update off.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Clear the cache for the Google play services app. Reboot the phone, let it settle. Don't think you'll see improvement that quick. It's the second app in the list of my battery stats. It will still be seen quite close to the top of all the apps that show. It should settle and % will decrease. This is mine.Screenshot_20230514_144121_Device care.jpg
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I cleared play store cache
0 Likes