Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S23 Ultra - I love this phone!!! (But.)

(Topic created on: 27-02-2023 07:18 PM)
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey all,

Thought I'd pop my head out and say hi to you all, haven't been active much recently as I've been cracking on with a new job.

As a treat for myself, while I was off sick from work (for the first time in 3 years) I ordered a Galaxy S23 Ultra in the exclusive Red colour. And this thing is absolutely gorgeous!

This phone is the best phone I've used since my Note9 (although my S20 was a good phone!) Absolutely loving the speed and power of this phone. I've been on this phone for a good chunk of the day, started off with a full charge, and I'm now on 48%. I am impressed. Wow.

The camera takes my breath away every time I see the results. I can generally trust that the results will be outstanding from the camera, except when I get shutter lag.

So, you'd think I absolutely love this thing, right? Well, you'd be right - apart from one pretty significant problem. Android Auto.

I'm a driver. Not as a job, I just love spending as much time as I can in my car exploring. To do this, I need Android Auto to give me my maps. Great, my S23 can do Android Auto, can't it?

Uhhhh, no. So, I can plug this phone into my car until my heart's content. And my head unit will not launch Android Auto. And I know it's not the Head Unit, I've tested the same head unit and cable with different phones without a problem.

Weirdly, I've also successfully got my phone to work in a 2020 Seat Arona. But it doesn't want to work with my Sony Head Unit in my little Micra - the car I'm driving 90% of the time. It's completely ruined that new phone excitement, as I genuinely feel like my nice new phone is broken.

So I think this a good place to end this. I quite like my S23 Ultra. I just wish it worked properly.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsungers
Pioneer
Options
Let's hope some big heads at Samsung actually read this, maybe update can fix this issue.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Looks like many others with same issue when you Google it. Must be a update pushed out soon to fix, you hope.
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
I saw something about S22 users needing to wait for a good while. So I'm hoping that Samsung'll be on top of this and beavering away to get this one done and dusted 😁
keith30
Maestro
Options
Actually it's to do with Google that causing the issue with Android Auto app, it's been like that for a while and waiting for Google to finally issue a fix for it.
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Ah okay, gotcha. Yeah, I've pulled one of the comments I made realising that maybe I'd let my mouth go before my brain 😂. That's the thing though, this is a great phone, but it's just that lets it down. I think AA is probably my most used feature after the camera 😁
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I use my phone in the car as i do a lot of driving. mine is the S22 Ultra at the moment. My issue is my car infotainment head unit doesn't support Android auto but it does have Bluetooth. To get round this I connect my phone to the car via Bluetooth and have a wireless phone holder/charger in the car. I run Waze and streaming radio from my phone which comes through the entertainment system if I am not streaming radio I can play music, audio books etc at the same time as using the Sat Nav. The disadvantage is looking at the phone screen for the Sat Nav but the advantage is I can use the car infotainment screen for other stuff whilst using Waze from my phone. If your car head unit doesn't have Bluetooth you can buy a Bluetooth add on from Halfords which does the same thing through one of your radio presets. Not a cure but maybe an alternative to consider until a solution comes along? Hope this helps
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
https://www.halfords.com/technology/mobile-phone-accessories/audio-accessories/kitsound-bluetooth-to...cid:17623518958|agid:|tid:|crid:|nw:x|rnd:4280755856083250149|dvc:m|adp:|mt:|loc:1007230&gclid=CjwKCAiAxvGfBhB-EiwAMPakqsEFuZXoqtucF2xLk3JzrtNWKv0prFs1hzMVWoE5uRBYRgeY3pxxrBoCzmkQAvD_BwE
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@CrazyTom2k2  Looks like this issue has been somewhat frustrating for a number of users.  Hopefully an update will sort it out in the near future.  Glad the phone is very impressive otherwise , though  this functionality is of vital importance to you.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.